Rally in Maryborough QLD 29th April to May 5th

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest
BruceQ

Rally in Maryborough QLD 29th April to May 5th

Post by BruceQ »

Hi All

Just read this in the Wanderer and thought I would post it for all to see
It seems we will NOT be entering via the main gate but a gate at the rear of the showgrounds. http://goo.gl/maps/FlCG5
The main gate on the Bruce Highway will be locked for the duration of the rally.

All motorhomes travelling on the Bruce Highway from the north and south should continue to the Alice Street off ramp and use the roundabout above the highway to enable a west bound direction along Maryborough-Biggenden Road for approximately 1.7 kilometre. Turn right into Nagel street for 300 metres, right in Copenhagen Street for 600 metres, left into Woodville Street for 200 metres and then right into Showground Road for 200 metres to the Showgrounds Gate.
There is sufficient room to hold 70 motorhomes inside the gate before the meet and greet tent.

The route from the Bruce Highway will be available on the CMCA website Rally page and the staging areas and entry map flyer are included with The Wanderer.
shonky

Re: Rally in Maryborough QLD 29th April to May 5th

Post by shonky »

HI, all.

Should anyone wish to leave the showgrounds temporarily, which is not usually permitted, use the magic words " Medical Reasons." This works even better than threatening to cancel one's membership.

At the last event one happy camper was told he was not to climb onto the top of his motorhome to start his (fitted) genset because of safety concerns. The happy camper asked Ken Tame for a ruling ten minutes later, and was told climbing onto the roof was fine, but starting up a genset while it's in a back locker is a big no-no.

Mind you, at the previous rally one happy camper walked his full size American Pit Bull through the very crowded market area. When asked what would happen if someone trod on the dog's foot the owner did a creditable, but not perfect, Pauline Hansen imitation. "What do you mean?" Paul Wirth, the president of the RSPCA in Victoria, is campaigning for the extermination of the breed in Australia. Having seen three pit bulls up close and angry he can have my vote.
See you on the back roads,
shonky et al.
BruceQ

Post by BruceQ »

Hi Shonky :D

It amazes me to see the damage that is done at every rally even though we restrict movement as much as possible - the turf starts out all nice and green and ends up looking like suburban streets worn into the grass where we have driven during the week.

We park on playing fields at some rallies and every set of wheels driven across the ground causes some more damage to the turf and long term compaction of the ground. They had spent something like $200,000 on the football oval at Deni just prior to the rally and they were training there on the Tuesday after the rally. They asked that we repect the work that this sporting club had done to inprove their playing surface and sounds fair enough to me.

There are busses to town and around site, so there is normally little need to drive in and out. The roadways do get very crowded with people and dogs too, so it is a safety issue for sure. Rallies have rules - accept that and enjoy the people, happy hours, trade, seminars and entertainment every night :lol:

Jeanette & I will be at Maryborough ... who else is going ?

Bruce Reimers Q45236
BruceQ

Post by BruceQ »

OH ... rallies have a car and driver available for people with genuine medical reasons - ask at First Aid office :D

A friend of mine had a medical issue at Sale and the car took them to hospital and returned later to bring them back to site. I thnk this is a fantastic service for members.

JMHO :D
shonky

Post by shonky »

HI, all.

BruceQ - we may be passing through that way, if for no other reason than to find the bloke who sell the impeller-driven water tank gauge, something we didn't think of when installing Snowflake's tanks.

Hope the weather's good-rain turned Maroochydore State School into a 4wd arena last January.
shonky et al.
Wilbor

Post by Wilbor »

Hi Bruce, at this stage we are going but a bit depends on the Cairns Base Hospital where Chirs is on the list for surgery. With our luck they will ring the day we arrive at maryborough :shock:
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too
shonky

Post by shonky »

Hi, all.

Wilbor - hope you're not thinking of free camping in Cairns, unless it's at the Babinda bus stop. Hope all goes well with Chris.
Looking fwd to seeing you at Maryborough, where Steffie's hoping to renew her acquaintance with an unleashed cat, a guest at Boonah. The cat was unable to chat at the time, being chased by the late Monty, who was in turn being chased by the writer, under many many motorhomes. Next time don't bet on the moggy.

BruceQ - quite relieved to know there's a First Aid office, hope the chauffeur is a lot younger than moi.
shonky et al.
Wilbor

Post by Wilbor »

If we do stay in Cairns we know a really good free camp site just north of Cairns, free power and water if needed, nice level grassed area too :)
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too
BruceQ

Post by BruceQ »

Yes .. I hope all goes well for Chris :)
Lists ... my Mum can't even get on the list :( ... sorry OT :(

Bruce & Jeanette
Shonky
Rob

that's enough for a happy hour !! :D but the more the merrier !! :lol:
BruceQ

Post by BruceQ »

The Maryborough Rally Staging areas and entry map are now on the web
http://www.cmca.net.au/pages/motorhomin ... obleed.pdf

Link does not work because of some 'forum intervention" :lol: but you can fix the 4 letters in the URL
OR follow the links to more information of THAT website :lol:

Cheers :D