Rally in Maryborough QLD 29th April to May 5th

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest
Wilbor

Re: Rally in Maryborough QLD 29th April to May 5th

Post by Wilbor »

We rang up last week and there were over 600 powered sites still available. I heard that the Maryborough show grounds have been upgraded looks like power won't be a problem this year :)

We lived in Maryborough for 4 years 1978-1982, it will be good to have a look around and see the changes. Not expecting too many changes in Maryborough itself though but I think Hervey Bay will be unrecognisable to us. We had a very brief look at our old houses last month when we drove our Suzy back from Brisbane, not many changes at all. I had a mate who called Maryborough "the time tunnel". :lol: :lol:
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too
Dot

Post by Dot »

Isn't that where there they have been flooded out twice in 1 month??
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Macca

Post by Macca »

Guy was rescued off the top of his vehicle in the main street in Maryborough yesterday/day before
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
Wilbor

Post by Wilbor »

Might tow a boat instead of the Suzy :shock:
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too
Dot

Post by Dot »

So I assume it is the same place so maybe the rally attendees will do a good clean up of the town ,, can you just imagine the head honchos of the **** in their gumboots :lol: :lol: :lol: NOT :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceQ

Post by BruceQ »

I have checked with a local and they said the Maryborough Showgrounds are too far away from the river to be flooded.

I am sure the Rally attendees would form a mighty workforce to help the clean up if possible .. like the blaze aid workers :D
Dot

Post by Dot »

What would happen if the locals needed the oval for their tents etc if that area is a high & dry one? where would the rally goers go then? It would be a big headache to move that many people at short notice.
wanderer

Post by wanderer »

Dot wrote:What would happen if the locals needed the oval for their tents etc if that area is a high & dry one? where would the rally goers go then? It would be a big headache to move that many people at short notice.

Simple solution Dot. Cancel the rally, locals should always come first. :)
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Anyone else notice the 'stuffup' on the cover sheet on the last Wanderer?
Towards the end of the article about extension leads it points out the next rally is at Boonah!!!
Susanne in the office didn't know about it!!
Someone will be in 'deep' 'water' over that!
:D ;) :oops: :twisted:
BruceS
Mannum, SA

shonky

Post by shonky »

Hi, all.

Adminperson - the April Wanderer offers a 4gig usb motorhome for $15 including postage.

Finally found the impellor driven water tank gauge - it's called the H2Flow water gauge and can be purchased from AussieRV Products. It looks excellent and costs, wait for it, under a hundred dollars!
See you on the back roads,
shonky et al.