Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
dream4red

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by dream4red »

Dot, xxxx

Followed the clouds home today. It was a sunny drive, but we could see the clouds starting to build up in front of us. Happily, we put the van down the yard in sunshine and it still hasn't dropped any rain. To get the van put away down the yard, we do a two car ballet, with my little rav doing the final manoeuvering, to shuffle the van into place. Today, it all went like clockwork, that is a very unusual experience. But it was really good today :D

We have found a couple of possible sites where water is getting into the van, so nice caravan man is coming on Friday to have a look see and hopefully will fix it asap.

night all xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot xxxx

Today was a wasted day in many ways. I took his nibs to a private hospital for some skin cancer treatment. He needed to be there by 10am for an op at 10:30. I decided to hang around and wait for him because home is a good hour away from the hospital. We had been warned that it could be a couple of hours wait and because of covid, no carers could wait in the hospital anywhere. So after much driving around, I found a parking spot in a pub carpark. I needed a coffee and loo break, so didn't feel that I was going to be towed away as a non customer (that's what the sign said). After many hours, I walked around and found a parking spot closer to the hospital. This happened a few times until I was almost parked at the main door of the hoospital. Finally I was fed up with waiting and rang the hospital. He had only been taken into theatre at 2 and could be collected at around 3:30. Another day lost due to incompetent hospital and medical people. :twisted: :evil:

sweet dreams xxx
Deborah

RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Deborah governments always seem to cut hospitals and education but can still give plenty to religion. At lest now it is done until the next time.

In tomorrow for the elbow at 6:30am SIL dropping me off on his way to work and then after that more needles in the back.

Dot trust you are well and improving my friend take care. Cheers Robert
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot xxxx

Robert not Bob Hope all goes well xxx

today I was nurse maid to the invalid. Did a town centre run to collect a parcel and a loaf of bread and not much else. Weather is freezing and very windy. Lovely sitting behind glass and watching the moored boats rocking and rolling.

night all xxx
Deborah

Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Deborah while you were safely tucked away watching boats y'day I was trying with great difficulty to play bowls in the terrible gusty freezing cold wind, tried with the pussy bowls they were blowing about everywhere think I'll go back to my Greenmaster premiers with their horse & jockey but I was told it was me not the bowls we lost 😂😂 great when your pals are honest :lol:
Shirley & Bruce.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Goodnight all procedure went well and 3 hours in recover before the pain was manageable. In Ashford Private excellent staff from reception up.
Keeping me in overnight so will see what tomorrow brings.

Dot trust you and all others are well or heading that way. Take care Robert
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, xxxx

Robert, hope all is well tomorrow and you get the all clear xxx

Shirley, that frozen wind would put any bowls tournament in jeopardy. Just keeping the bowls in your hands would have been quite a feat. Sorry you didn't get the chicken dinner, but I am sure you did your best in trying conditions. Hope home is warmer and safer tonight.

We didn't get to watch the boats today. We were too busy with the caravan man, who came to look at some water damage that is worrying us. Well, he totally removed all the seals off 3 windows, and resealed them. Then he climbed up on his ladder to check the roof and found several spots that needed to be re-siliconed. 3 hours later and $250 parted with, we are quite happy to pay for that work. Asked him about replacing the drawer button locks, and he told us ebay is your friend. He is a great friend. The Jayco price, last time we replaced one of these was $16. Ebay price was $34 for a set of 10. I only bought one set, just on case they are not the right product, but really, I reckon they are exactly the ones junko were selling. If they are easily changed over, I will probably buy another bundle of 10, just to have enough to change all the drawer and cupboard doors at the same time.

sleep tight vegemites xxx
Deborah

RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Hi Deborah used the ebay ones on mine and keep a few spares as as they will be needed. Robert
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot xxxx

Robert, that's good to know. I had an email today from the vendor telling me that he has run out of stock. grrr. After I answered him with the "why was it offered for sale and demanded refund" I went back to my ebay account and bought from the next seller that I had marked as a possible. This one has 15 locks for $40. I think that's even a better price. Time will tell if I found the right product or not.

Today it feels like winter, again. Oh, it is winter... Dept of meteorology send us several wind warning texts, and they were right. The winds were very severe and had icicles attached. Did a bit of boat watching and a lot of glueing bits of metal onto a heap of pendants that I had re-made before our last jayco weekend. It's so cold that I managed to glue my fingers together often, so the job took a lot longer than usual. It's done now.

sweet dreams out there xxx
Deborah

BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

BruceS
Mannum, SA