Challenges.

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Challenges.

Post by T1 Terry »

I had to learn how to read that type of thing many yrs ago. If I hadn't I wouldn't have been able to read anything I wrote. Fortunately the one finger typing and spell checker automatically sorting it into words others can understand has made things a lot better. The dark side is that spell checker and predicative text has removed the pressure for learning what letters should be in each word, so if the letters aren't there in some sort of order, the brain requires you to read the whole thing and then try to work out what was being said. It can make TXT messages rather entertaining for the receiver ..... :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Not only could I read the post easily, I'd been correcting stuff like that for years when working as a subeditor!! ;)

Maybe that's also why I can usually spot the 9-letter word in those puzzles within about 30 seconds... :P

Not boastin' or anything, just observing that a 30-year career with words can have side-benefits. :D
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Ray you need to go on the word show on TV, you'd be a winner :D anyway good to have a member to correct our grammar & spelling, never to old to learn they say :lol: :lol:
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Shirley,
Can't be bothered with trying for TV show participation.
I have just as much fun seeing if I can beat the contestants to the answers.

The Chase on Ch7 is usually a walkover... except for the pop-culture questions. :roll:

I like Words & Numbers on SBS, but the maths side is my weakness. I can usually get reasonably close, but not as quickly as those on the show. That girl is amazing!
(I believe she has a maths degree or doctorate... which proves you can have both beauty and brains!)
I do enjoy their end-of-show Conundrum. Mostly it's another 15~25 second result for me. :D
:? Although occasionally I'm completely stumped.

I'm also enjoying SBS's Mastermind. Good hard questions in the General Knowledge sections.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Agree that girl is amazing, we enjoy both those shows, sure beats the reality crap that they produce on other channels.
Shirley & Bruce.
homeless

Post by homeless »

I never find them hard as same as the ones here you find the odd letter or number. Not sure why because at times I am nearly blind LOL
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

homeless wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:00 pm I never find them hard as same as the ones here you find the odd letter or number. Not sure why because at times I am nearly blind LOL
Yeah... I had cupla - well a few - beers followed by some wind (sorry Dot) wine with the meal, had some trouble focusing then also. ;) ;)
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Looked up Letters & Numbers on the SBS site.
Lily has an Honours degree in maths, and a few other degrees under her belt. 😳
Brains and beauty, as I said...
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields