Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
dream4red

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by dream4red »

Gee Dot, you could get in touch with the program and find a contact to compare notes and good surgeon stories! Hugs to poor Mr G. xxxx

Ray, I will try that vinegar trick on my windows, I hate using the stinky stuff. You really are a slave driver.
This is yesterday's success, the strange finish on the black background is really nicer than the pic shows. Its sort of iridisation, a lot like the old carnival glass and it is quite stunning

IMG_2078.JPG
Today I had another success. A pretty plate that can be useful in many ways
IMG_2076.JPG
IMG_2075.JPG
Only one of yesterdays is still being warmed up. His nibs thought it looked ok, but I am not in a rush, so perfection is my aim.

I pretended that we are still going to Queensland and started on the task of mending all of the display cases for my pendants. That kept me busy with the 1000mile an hour tape on all the edges/corners of boxes and then extra glue on the acetate lids to keep them in place. That filled up most of the day.

Nighty night xxx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Deborah glass starting to look good, for the windows we use metho to clean.

Dot trust George is on the mend sitting on 5 c at the moment here.

Take care all cheers Robert
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Lookin’ good, Deb!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Very interesting art work there Deborah, keep going :lol: :lol: So cold today my plans for naked sky diving were cancelled :roll: My M8 in NZ said it was 4deg's at 2pm over there bbrrrr. While the sun was out today Mr G got some weeds sprayed, they pop up so fast after a bit of rain. He is over his squirts etc and is back to ?? normal. :lol: Time to say goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Native Pepper x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, it was 2 degrees here a couple of nights ago and we really knew that we should be up in Qld. Glad the ole fella is feeling better xxxx

Thanks Ray, Robert and Dot. I will keep trying...anything to beat boredom or domesticity.

Today I took two things out of the kiln and both are stayers. The bigger one, would have cost me $200, just for the fancy glass except a yank company sent me the wrong glass and I got this lot for free. I am happy enough with it and will not be selling it. His nibs really likes it and he doesn't even know how much it is worth!
IMG_2080.JPG
IMG_2079.JPG
The smaller one is lovely for morning tea stuff, so it's a winner.
Robert, I go along with you on the bulk shopping. We never run out of things and my toilet paper and tissue mountain is lockdown proof. After nearly a month in lockdown, our shops all have plenty of dunny paper. Maybe the morons have learnt something after all. Now all they have to do is to stay at home.

sweet dreams xxx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deborah

RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Hi Deborah on Tuesday the shops were stripped here but went to do a final shop yesterday and plenty of toilet paper and basics back on the shelves. Fresh vegies and fruit is all we need for awhile and the local fruit shop is good.

Plates looking good you should be happy cheers Robert
Dot

Post by Dot »

Have done absolutely 0 today, so miserable and cols, even Brian only went outside once to do his business and he came back in wet ;) (think about it) ;) Watching the Titanic report and the fires that were in the coal bunkers :shock: Another set of human errors and of course $$$$$$$$$$$$. . Looks like we are now doomed never to be able to travel again. I'm off to a nice long hot shower so goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Deborah x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, it's too cold to venture out today, so a rest day is good xxxx

I did venture out, down to my shed. Well, the glass was not up to standards, so it's back in the kiln having another chance at life. Not much happening here at all either. Once the Qld border got closed, we both had a reality check. Not looking good for my next big market in August then. I am waiting until next week to see what the latest lockdown are, before I cancel on the Qld show, but we are both not really expecting to see it happening for us this year.
The rest of this chilly day was spent doing very little, a rest day/week/month/year take your pick.

night all xxx
Deborah

Dot

Post by Dot »

seems SA is in for another few days of nasty rough weather. Been out side x 1 today and that was to put an apple in the possums bowl and the air con has been on all day, wait for the bill have to apply for go fund me :lol: :lol: How boring as bat poo the opening of the 0 games. just people walking out hr after hr so I am heading off to bed now Stay safe everyone Happy kilning Deborah :lol: Ray it looks like the SA borders may be open in a week so far. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Chuck x :D
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, agreed on the big O opening. I lasted about 20 minutes and decided that if I needed it have it explained by Jo Griggs, then it must be a bit too smart for me :lol: :lol: :lol: Stay warm mate xxxx

Kiln was ok today, sorry no pic. Only one goodun, the other is having another warm up tonight. We are getting this cold weather too...not nice and we are not used to being so cold. This is our second winter at home for a very long time. I am really feeling the cold a lot more that last year tho. Queensland border is sounding like it will be shut for at least another month. I do hope that was somebody's speculation and not fact. I don't know who to listen to about this crap any more, so we just stay at home and "behave" ourselves.

night night vegemites xxx
Deborah