Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Greynomad »

Qld/NSW border is closed in both directions... if we leave Charleville & cross into NSW (with a valid permit) we're not allowed back. :(
NSW/Vic border closed from the Vic side... we're residents of the border bubble, but not allowed back home for 14 days (so far). Unless NSW gets its act together, we could be stuck here for a month or so.
Tried for a Green Pass today to get into Vic. We're fine… so long as we can drive the 1150km in less that 24 hours. :shock: Girt's not that fast, especially when we have to refuel twice en route. And we don't drive between 16:00 and 08:00 — too many bounding bipeds & B-doubles to contend with — not to mention fatigue.
OK, so let's try for a Red Pass. "Fill in the on-line form giving your reason for travel, mother's maiden name & surrender your children… we'll get back to you in a coupla days, maybe."
Still, there are worse places to be stuck in... like Sydney. :? 8-)
We'll just prop here at the CM¢^ camp for a while & see what happens. 8-) ;)
G'nite all. :D
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Ray,

If you can get a pass, is it possible to drive down to Barrington on the QLD border and get ready for a run though NSW. It's only 900 ks to Rutherglen.

Sure start a little early, full fuel and water. It could do it in a day and only fill up once. It would be a long day though.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Another ban from FB 30 days for calling someone a twat apparently that is bullying new to me, it means stupid idiot etc and is also a town in UK. But if I had of used either the f or c word that would of been ok.. Been watching the dressage at the Olympics and also watched the boys on bikes. We have snow not far from here and it is so cold STILL. I.m off to bed now so Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Tanks x :D and goodnight Mr Major x
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, stay in bed and stay warm xxxx

Jon, if Ray tried to do that time defying drive, he would find the freezing winds would probably blow him all the way back up to Queensland.

Ray, you are in a much safer place. The loonies are all out in NSW, so the disease (that they claim is the flu) will be virulent around town at the moment.

Kiln didn't like the freezing weather either. It turned itself off, before it even started to warm up. I fiddled with the plug that leads from the kiln to the powerpoint and ping, it returned to program. It was meant to stay resting for 8 hours before starting up. So I wandered back to check all was well, after 4 hours and the same error has happened. I fiddled with the lead and started it to just fire immediately. It warmed up nicely and I left it to hopefully warmup all night. Kiln gremlins are at work here.

It was not a great lair day, winds and freezing are the best short description, and it doesn't look like slowing down any time soon.

night all xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Dot wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:44 am Another ban from FB 30 days for calling someone a twat apparently that is bullying new to me, it means stupid idiot etc and is also a town in UK. But if I had of used either the f or c word that would of been ok.. Been watching the dressage at the Olympics and also watched the boys on bikes. We have snow not far from here and it is so cold STILL. I.m off to bed now so Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Tanks x :D and goodnight Mr Major x
"tanks" here---Good night Dot. Sleep well

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Arr Dot relax its not worth any crap, read our day (condensed version) in the Good Morning section and they wonder why we drink but with a smile. Cheers Robert
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

jon_d wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:12 pm Ray,

If you can get a pass, is it possible to drive down to Barrington on the QLD border and get ready for a run though NSW. It's only 900 ks to Rutherglen.

Sure start a little early, full fuel and water. It could do it in a day and only fill up once. It would be a long day though.
" :shock: Girt's not that fast, especially when we have to refuel twice en route. And we don't drive between 16:00 and 08:00 — too many bounding bipeds & B-doubles to contend with — not to mention fatigue. "

We cruise at around 90km/h for optimum comfort/fuel economy. Hills are a little slower, but we get there relaxed.

We looked at trying a run from Goondiwindi, but given the stops required & average speed we couldn't even make that a goer. It would take us into 'roo time on country highways... :shock:
Last edited by Greynomad on Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Enjoy Queensland [emoji3060][emoji3060][emoji3060]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Coolabah1au wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:53 pm Enjoy Queensland [emoji3060][emoji3060][emoji3060]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are... :D
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Ray did you get hold of your Dr or Chemist to send your scripts on for you to pick up somewhere suitable?? Better to stay in the warmer parts it is so cold down here.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.