Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
dream4red

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by dream4red »

Compliant wife? You must be really crook then Dot ? :lol: :lol: xxxx

On f**kbook, I found a big kiln on sale in Melbourne yesterday and spent a lot of time researching how to get it here and other things. We both had a sleepless night worrying about going to check it out before arranging delivery. We both woke with the same thought. Go and measure my shed, glass sliding doors. That made the decision easy. Unless we can totally remove the full set of doors, the kiln won't go into my shed. So cancelled that thought and did some more research. I found the local kiln man has a second hand kiln for sale and as it is a square one that is only a little bit bigger than the current round one, I have put in a request for it to be mine. They have to fit a controller and a few other things, so I will have to wait a while before it is fully ready to go. Currently I can make things with squared edges no bigger than 8inches by 9inches. The newer model will be able to go to 12inches square. That is a considerable difference when making platters and sandwich trays. So it will be an improvement on what I have.

After such a busy day, I am off to dreamland,
night all xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

Cheeky bugger Deborah :lol: I watched a doco about the Germans and the amount of "camps" that they really had and the use of the prisoners in a granite quarry and the actual amount of people (Jews) that they either worked to death or in the gas chambers. When listening to the world wide death count from the covid then there is NO comparison at all. I forgot the actual amount of those people that were killed but it was in the millions upon millions. Still have trouble understanding how could people do what they did to innocent people.. Has anyone been to a place called Mt Ive station in SA? G has snuck off to bed and so that means I get to clean the shower after I have mine. :lol: sneaky huh? Lots of sirens going off today but have no idea what for but was close to here. Deborah with your new kiln just imagine what you can do in half the time. Now I have to stack the dishwasher and head for the shower then bed e buys so Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Peter (Pet els) x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Goodnight all have fun cheers Robert
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Yes Dot, when it's finally ready to take home, I will probably make more things and only need to fire a couple of times per week. I won't be able to fire 2 kilns at once without blowing up our electricity circuits. You staying warm? xxxx

I am watching a very slow kiln tonight as yesterday's great plate managed to get a deep crack in it. It is getting a nice long, slow repair at the moment. I am thinking the actual design may be the fault. I made a similar one a while back ( in different colours) and it cracked in the same way. I managed to repair it and it sold the first time that I put it up for sale. Hope tomorrow, I get a nice surprise.

While that cooked away, I managed to build a new winter nighty. I absolutely hate short nighties on cold nights and the only way to get them is to make em myself. I suspect there is a shortage of fabric, as nobody makes them long anymore. A few more dollars for a bit more fabric, is all it would take.

night all xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

Another nice day. G did a bit of next door tree trimming and managed to mulch it as well. Deborah I hate nighties of any length and also those PJ's with no ski type pants. I get all tangled up with any night ware. If really cold I sometimes put a long sleeved skivvy on because I keep my arms out. Bought my Hoya plant inside for the winter, I was told it was the thing to do ?? Turned telly on and there it was. OMG who watches Big Brother?What planet do those rejects come from? flicked over to the news and that wasn't much better. Heading to bed now so Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Craig x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dottie,
Do you have Netflix?
Some good stuff there.
Binge-watched a three-parter last night, “Murder Among The Mormons”.
I can recommend it. It’s a doco on a series of murderous explosions which killed some people involved in Mormon history research... ‘verrry interesting’.
There’s also a multi-season one, “Formula 1. Drive to Survive” which is worth your time. Doco, not fiction. 👍
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Have no idea of what Netflix may be Ray, can't make head nor tail of this "free to air" that is mentioned and streaming etc. Had my dyke cut today, dropped into a couple of op shops looking for a foot stool bean bag ie homosexual aka poof. Used to have one but hmmm chucked it now i want one. Had some nice rain this arvo. Have seen a couple of MH's with the spare tyre attached to the front of the vehicle, I didn't think that was legal even if the number plate is visible? Checked up with the coppers and he said it is illegal? anyone had any experience / knowledge on this? Going to say goodnight now as I just may hit the sack very soon Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Bernie Q x :D
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The only reason you don't see the spare wheel on the front of motorhome very often is because the bull bar doesn't let you or the there is a radiator up front and the spare tyre would stop the cooling. Kombi campers had the spare wheel on the bullbar, mine still has and that was from back in '74 when it was brand new.

Why would the spare on the front be illegal anyway?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
Probably some butterfly-brain worried about damage to pedestrians.
Our old Coaster m/h had the spare on the bullbar.
No probs with engine cooling. (It was mounted fairly high on the bar.)
Bazillions of Kombi Campers had a bullbar-mounted spare as a standard part of the conversion.
Can’t see a problem, really. The rubber of the spare would be first point of contact in a collision anyway.
... and the crumple rate of rubber is certainly better than that of steel. 😀
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Projections
ALLOWED
=======================================
The bull bar is manufactured without
stepped members, or circular tube or pipe is
used to achieve the change in profile.
Where members intersect, there are no
extensions beyond the tops and sides, or
the members do not project more than
50mm beyond the point of intersection with
another member.
Steps greater than 100mm are achieved
using circular tube or pipe.
Brackets and other components are fitted
rearward of the front face of the bull bar.
Brackets, items attached to the brackets
and other components that protrude above
the top of the bull bar have no exposed
sharp edges. All item connected to a
bracket (e.g. a driving light or fairleads
=========================================================================
NOT ALLOWED
The bull bar’s profile steps more than 100mm
using non-circular members.
Joining members extend more than 50mm
beyond the top or side of their intersection.
===========================================================================
There are brackets or other components fitted
forward of the bull bar. ????????????? This must be the bit that says no????? :D :D :D :D
===========================================================================
Brackets, items attached to brackets or other
components that protrude above the top of the
bull bar have exposed sharp edges.
An item attached to a bracket protrudes
excessively beyond the front face, or has an
exposed sharp edge.
Requirements for vehicle frontal protection systems fitted to light vehicles – September 2019