2020 just got a bit worse!

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
bob r

Re: 2020 just got a bit worse!

Post by bob r »

Wow some Christmas present hay Lesley
Which insurance co Lesley sounds like a good n.

Bob
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---Shirley,
I have "MiWater" which gives me a weekly water report and also sends me an SMS to my phone if the water use exceeds a preset amount as follows. I watered the dead grass (lawn) on Monday and received the following SMS.
This is a free service from the Shire Council.
Keith.

HIGH USAGE ALERT
The above property has generated a "High Usage" Alert based on water consumption for the DAY of 7 December 2020. During this period, 1.8 kL of water was used.

This alert has been generated based on the rules configured against this property. These can be changed or deactivated by clicking on the My Alerts link in the header.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

Hi Lesley what a bummer but the main thing is you are both ok
Your friends and niebuors sound wonderfull Water just goes all 0overr the place
Just think of the freshened up house you will go back to you have a good insurance company

Keep smiling all the best
HTFFBO Helen take care [emoji178][emoji178]

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Good to hear there has been a good outcome to a nasty problem. Could have been worse, the motorhome getting flooded while you were away sight seeing ...... A trip to SA would certainly help soak up some of the time while the rebuild takes place, we'll keep an eye out for you coming down the hill ;) 8-) well, Margaret will, you'd probably run me over before I saw you :o

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Insurance company is MHIA (Manufactured Homes Insurance Agency) so specific for our situation. I only made one phone call to them and everything has just flowed (pardon the pun!) from that.

Latest update: The restorer was here yesterday afternoon to check the moisture levels and reported that everything was dry apart from a few areas where the sub flooring joins were still giving elevated readings. He rearranged the equipment to concentrate on those areas and removed 3 machines. He expects to be able to remove all the machines tomorrow and dispose of some furniture that is not salvageable.

Have one building estimator coming Monday morning to quote for the structural work. The builder who did most of the strip out will also be quoting.

Once the machines have gone and the house cools down, we will be able to use the bathrooms and kitchen but will continue to sleep in the Motorhome in the garage.

Of course our Christmas plans have been turned upside down. Instead of the family coming to us, we will go to them in Brisbane. Fingers crossed that we can get a spot at Pine Rivers Showgrounds as they don’t take bookings. Our middle daughter lives at Eatons Hill on a very steep block, so no chance of getting the Motorhome in there.
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Macca

Post by Macca »

Just read your original post and totally agree with all comments. What a bloody awful end to 2020 which we should all hit the delete 2020 button!
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
Macca

Post by Macca »

If you cannot get into pine rivers our front lawn is available to come and go as you wish- power if no sun also.Lots of vans there last time we were past.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Macca wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:25 am If you cannot get into pine rivers our front lawn is available to come and go as you wish- power if no sun also.Lots of vans there last time we were past.
Thanks Kay. We may take you up on that offer if the Showground is full.
Cheers
Lesley
Macca

Post by Macca »

Just as well someone on the ball- was Bruce’s suggestion do I went straight back here. If get into over there please call here before going home.
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Macca wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:12 pm Just as well someone on the ball- was Bruce’s suggestion do I went straight back here. If get into over there please call here before going home.
Thanks. Will be in touch for a catch up during that week.
Cheers
Lesley