Phil the Greek has left the building

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Phil the Greek has left the building

Post by Greynomad »

Breaking news on the box:
HM the Queen has just become a widow.
Fair bet that the Prodigal Son will return from the USofA for the funeral...
:? Not so certain his missus will accompany him, given the comprehensive tarring and feathering she has dumped on his family.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
dream4red

Re: Phil the Greek has left the building

Post by dream4red »

Ray, I reckon they had to knock him off now, to prevent him getting a telegram from his missus for his 100th :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Prince Philip had a good innings two months short of 100 years of age.

The Prodical Son is still 6th in line & Master Archie 7th in line to the throne.
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Shirley,
Considering he would have had the best medical attention available worldwide, with no budget worries, I would have thought the docs could have kept his heart pumping for a few months.
But it would not be what I’d call living. And the centenary party would have been a bit of a downer.
So it’s just as well he has dropped off the perch now.
One of the best. Supported Liz all the way, even if some of the rumours were close to the truth. He was, after all, a Navy officer...
Because he was a Greek royal himself, he knew the rules and played it straight. Even if his sense of humour occasionally got him a few headlines.
Like 99.9% of the Australian people, I never met him but I liked what I saw.
Vale Phil the Greek.
We shall never see his like again.

Now, his grandson, the prodigal one, is a different kettle of poisson. For a start, naming the 7th in line “Archie”... :roll:
I strongly suspect he is well and truly under the thumb. Hence the move to the Land of the Free where his missus is top dog. (Actually ‘lady dog’ but I can’t use the ‘B’ word!)
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Just found on the interweb news feed...
Moving tribute to Grandpa from No6 in the queue & Mrs Mountbatten-Windsor.

Really comprehensive and heartfelt tribute... NOT!

One line. Ten words.
“Thank you for your service... you will be sadly missed.”

Good thing they’re in the US... Brits can’t throw rotten tomatoes that far.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

A bit soon, but succession to the throne will soon be the talk of the town. I wonder how long it will be before the private correspondence between John Kerr, Prince Charles, the queen's private secretary Martin Charteris and Prince Philip, that kept the Queen completely in the dark about what they were conspiring for mths before "The Dismissal", will hit the news headlines.
If it reads the way many legal eagles seem to see it, the whole thing was illegal and could constitute a reason why Charlie couldn't become King while Australia was still a member of the commonwealth ......
That will really put the cat among the pigeons with Liz getting on in yrs about just who is eligible to take on the job. This might be the reason why Liz has held onto the job to such a ripe old age, but with Philip falling off the perch the question of succession to the throne will soon be back in the spot light ...... The next in line would be Prince William, if he has kept his nose clean I think the job is likely to go his way.
As far as the red head and his new wife, not much of a chance of that ever happening, the whole royal establishment would fall apart if things ever got to that stage.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I doubt if the Left voters are ever going to get over their leader getting caught pulling shonkies?
I wonder where we would be now if it hadn't been stopped?
https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... ani+affair
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

BruceS wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:31 pm I doubt if the Left voters are ever going to get over their leader getting caught pulling shonkies?
I wonder where we would be now if it hadn't been stopped?
https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... ani+affair
That's a tad rich Bruce, what was the loan interest rate with the Labor arranged loan and what interest rate did we end up paying? How much was paid out when the Maldon Dombarton rail link was abandoned compared to how much was originally being borrowed to finish the project?
The bridge to no where is still there Bruce, fully paid for by the Aust tax payers yet never used .... why??? Why was it better to pay out the contractors rather than finish the job? I lived in the electorate so I know the whole story at ground level .... but no one asked the questions about money for nothing to mates rather than actually finishing the job yet all the people actually working on the project ended up out of work with nothing in their pockets?
Probably would have been better to leave the lid on that hornets nest Bruce ..... I wonder if they could open up an investigation into the whole thing and press charges against those who acted in their own interest rather than Australia's interest .......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

The past is the past, Phillip was a bloody ripper, the Queen has and is doing a great job, the ginger ninja needs to stay away and let the world carry on in peace. It is a very sad day all round but the Queen must be so lost right now. R.I.P. Phillip. (I love my country of birth and heritage)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

So, at the funeral of Phil the Greek, Wills & Harry will be separated by one of their cousins... and because Harry & Randy Andy can’t wear military uniforms, no-one will wear uniforms.
Probably a good idea. At least then the brothers won’t be wearing swords...
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields