Covid & Me

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Covid & Me

Post by Greynomad »

Had my first jab on Tuesday.
No headache, no soreness, no side effects of any sort!
No problems.
Gotta wait a minimum six weeks for Part II...
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Keith Morris

Re: Covid & Me

Post by Keith Morris »

Greynomad wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:49 pm Had my first jab on Tuesday.
No headache, no soreness, no side effects of any sort!
No problems.
Gotta wait a minimum six weeks for Part II...
"tanks" here---I had to wait 12 weeks for the second jab I had the Astra type.
The nurse said to wait at least 3 weeks for a flu shot Ray, so check the 6 weeks bit for the second lot.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Yup, I got my jab of AZ about 2 weeks ago.
Arm was mildly sore for a day or so. Nothing dramatic.
And I woke up with a headache the first morning. That was the first headache I've had in years so I'm putting it down to the jab.
Couple of panadol and Bob's your uncle, as they say.
Next jab is some time away. It's marked in my phone so I don't have to try to remember the exact date.
Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I'm caught between two thoughts, do I:
A) Get the jab now and hope I don't have any side effects that would bugga up the tight schedule for the Sydney/Taggerty trip
B) Wait till I get back and have the jab then, still a bit of a tight time table but more flexibility to push out start dates on jobs coming through for the rest of the yr

Not gunna have a flu shot, never had one before so not gunna this time either.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

After would be the best option as you can bugger up the time table for every one else 🤔🤔🤔
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

I'm not getting vaccinated, according to what I've read and been told they don't work with the mutations, just the original covid19 and I have lots of allergies. Never had a flu injection and haven't had the flu, cold or been sick since my early 30's when changed my diet and got rid of processed foods, diaries and red meats.
Dot

Post by Dot »

had our flu jabs 2 weeks ago, never miss them, had appointments for the AZ jabs but that ended up on the day G was having his hernia op so will re book. Just get the jabs as they are free :lol: :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Fortunately we have been able to keep the outbreaks of Covid 19 under control in Australia even if closures of state borders & shut downs of areas have annoyed many people, think the chance of you catching it down in Tassie would be low Native Pepper.
We had our flu shot 2 weeks before the AZ jab no side effects from it, we eat a very healthy diet but unfortunately Bruce has a low immune system so Dr advised that we should have both.
Shirley & Bruce.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Will wait another couple of weeks before we get the flu shot had to get it last year as misses Was in hospital for a while no jab not visit 🤔
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I think the real test will be when the world opens up to free travel again. If you have had the jab I think you have a better chance surviving this latest plague than if you haven't had the jab, especially if you have a life style that has you face to face with a wide variety of people. I would think that would put you in that group NP if you travel and play in a band ..... I guess time will tell eh

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO