We do breed some iriots.

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

We do breed some iriots.

Post by Greynomad »

Numpty woman on the news tonight is a whacko animal rights campaigner.
Says farmers shouldn’t be poisoning the plague mice destroying their livelihood.
“That’s condemning them to a horrible, painful death. The farmers should be trapping them humanely and releasing them somewhere else.”
:? :shock: :roll:
Maybe a farmer would like to deliver a 44 gallon drum full of mice to her house and see how she feels about them when they breed like flies, eat her out of house & home, destroy her furniture, infest the walls of her house, move into her car by the thousands and stop her earning a living.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
homeless

Re: We do breed some iriots.

Post by homeless »

She would not EARN her living. Be a dole bludger or on some university research team because she has no mental capacity to think beyond grade two level
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Was she the same person that wanted to place a monument on the Adelaide freeway for the chickens that died in the truck fire.
Cheers John
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

I can believe that if she isn’t, she’d avidly support the idea... :roll:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

They could produce one of those humane traps that kill them in the same way nature does when a cat gets them. You know, pounce on it, throw it in the air and then pounce on it again .... walk away and then pounce on it again as soon as it moves, finally either eating it in front of the rest of the mice population or just leaving there because it doesn't move anymore a fright the next one till it either ran or dropped dead from heart failure.

They could collect them and drop them off to the clay pigeon target shooters .... fire two mice into the air and take them out humanely with both barrels of the shotgun ..... I bet there'd be a lot more farmers and farm hands taking up that sport and practising day and night while cooling off with a few cold drinks ......
This could be a whole new market to explore:
The pneumatic tennis ball launcher I designed and built for getting the rope high in the tree, how many mice could be launched in one go ....
A quick fire gas powered gattling gun renamed the cattling gun, wher a continuous feed of mice were fired from a rotating barrel mechanism and use them to wipe out heaps of other mice with each shot ......
A new fertiliser a bit like the Carp one, the remained of the hay stack after the mice have wrecked it fed into the auger equal parts straw and mouse and then distributed across the paddock before ploughing and reseeding. Sort a a fresh blood and bone additive to enrich the soil .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

I like the last 2 suggestions
The Cattling gun could be made like a continuously spinning paddle wheel where the mice are fired at a suitable target.
Then the mice could be collected from the collection bins with a front-end loader and dumped into a slightly modified super spreader.
An ever-reducing auger could reduce the mice to compatible-sized pieces and the spinner at the back would spread them over the fields.
Viola
A new blood and bone fertilizer .

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Noggins wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:08 am I like the last 2 suggestions
The Cattling gun could be made like a continuously spinning paddle wheel where the mice are fired at a suitable target.
Then the mice could be collected from the collection bins with a front-end loader and dumped into a slightly modified super spreader.
An ever-reducing auger could reduce the mice to compatible-sized pieces and the spinner at the back would spread them over the fields.
Viola
A new blood and bone fertilizer .

Ron
Is that sort of like a mincer? "I'll mince them meeses to pieces" combined with the remains of the destroyed hay stack to soak up the juices and make them into suitable size pellets to spread in front of the plough so they get deeper into the soil and not just become feed for another pest ..... like flies or foxes or more mice, they will eat each other without hesitation.
Maybe a grain scent spray over the bigger swarms and maybe they would be condensed down to the strongest ones slightly fatter :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
homeless

Post by homeless »

I used a product called"Lemat* or similar when I lived in country SA. Was used for protecting grain for seeding from red spider mitre A small cap in a tin of wheat and add a small amount of this in a tin or bottle and they stick their head over it in it and died within seconds often still standing up. Used to collect a 10 gallon bucket every morning and doored in a post hole roll full. Trees liked it. Thing Gov banned it as it worked to well. Did not Seam to effect the birds etc that ate the dead mice as did not see any dead magpies, crows etc and the cats all got fat. Mate offered to design some electronic ones to kill and eject and one design incorporated a rapid sharp blade abs then a push into a bin below. Aborted method I used on the sheds was a drum of water with straw on the top abs a bottle fixed to rails with fast on bottle kneck and bait in the hole. They walked out and slipped into the drum and drowned. All now would get the city greenies upset and marching in the streets
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
Izabarack

Post by Izabarack »

I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments above. The Numpties in the group cannot be embarrassed, such is the praise they enjoy from their peer group, that is, they do not care what normal people think of them, they exist for the sunshine other group members blow up their arses.

One reply I often find gets them quiet for a moment is when I ask for PETA's attitude to puppy farms. Then I ask how many puppy farms they have successfully closed down.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Staying in a NP near Alice Springs during a previous mouse plague, the Rangers had eight or ten 12gallon drums spotted about the park.
Each had a rough branch as a ramp, and a short board extending horizontally over the water-filled drum. Wired to the board was a bottle, the neck of which was coated with olive oil, and at the top end was a wire holding a piece of sponge rubber saturated with peanut butter... just beyond mouse-reach.
Ranger told us that every day they had to empty the drums, so the level of mouse bodies didn’t get above the water level and allow some mice to escape.
He didn’t elaborate on what they did with the bulk mouse bodies... :?
Bonfire anyone?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields