Lock down

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Grandad

Re: Lock down

Post by Grandad »

Busman wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:26 pm Our house north of Brisbane settles tomorrow afternoon, immediately after the buyer's house in Victoria settles in the morning. Of course, now the bloody place is locked down, who knows ???
I know there are too many variables in any two transactions of this nature to draw any direct comparisons, but if it's any comfort, my first wife and her husband are going through similar.
They have settlement on their old house plus the new one today. Plus, they must be out by Sunday night. They've been in touch with the relevant people and apparently, the settlements will go through as planned and they have received permission to move on the weekend as well. The only stipulation is, family members are not able to help. Only themselves and the pros.

I hope yours works out as well.

Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

If anyone is stranded anywhere around central Vic, there's room here.

I'm in suburban Bendigo but I can offer my quiet and quite wide nature strip, power, water and can handle emptying a toilet cassette.
Room to put your awning out.
Restrictions mean I can't offer to let you inside to use the shower etc but you'll be safe and have zero cost except for food for the duration of this lockdown.

Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Jim that is a wonderful offer!!!
Good to see some good old hospitality is still around. ;) 8-)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Great offer Jim hope this will be the end of shut downs for a while. Cheers Robert
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

NP can you explain who will be running these isolated, outback quarantine villages?
Doctors, nurses, cooks, cleaners, security etc etc
Would YOU offer to go & supervise it all in amongst those infected? Yeah, right!
Leave 'em all over where they come from including the cricketers, olympic play things etc etc
Cricketers earn BIG BIG money over there & then expect me & you to bring them home & pay for isolation.
Get real!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Busman

Post by Busman »

I personally think we can do better with quarantine, hotels are not constructed for this.
As you point out so well Bruce, who is going to run them in the never never ?
The Victorian and Queensland proposals both have merit, the Qld one could be up and running in 6 weeks as it is on private land (Wellcamp Airport) and no massive hurdles to jump. People could walk from their jet to their dongas and camp there while they got well. (Best I could think of this early)
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Mass exit
70D3485D-FD82-483C-A85C-D3F7F0E177DB.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Building an air strip that will handle the planes coming in from o/s close enough to the quarantine facility. No value in trying to ferry o/s travellers from an international airport to the quarantine facility because there is no way to separate them from plane to customs to bus to facility without the risk of passing the virus to anyone who comes in contact with them ....... so these quarantine facilities will need to be built at the airports ..... can you imagine trying to sleep or live at an airport near an active runway?

A mega facility build at Christmas Island maybe .... then Bruce's issues become relevant, who is going to be there running these facilities?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Busman

Post by Busman »

Well the people that work at airports put up with the noise ?
Somewhere like Wellcamp is not a very busy airport anyway so I would not regard that as an issue.
There are not any where the amount of flights that there used to be as well.
Think the fed gov is going to crack under the pressure this time around and at least let Victoria go ahead.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Folk that live near airports, railway lines, main roads etc., get use to the noise & it doesn't worry them.

I reckon only Australian citizens that were genuinely caught out should be allowed to return, anyone that chooses to leave Australia for anything including sport, should not be allowed back until they have quarantined for at least 2 weeks in the country they are returning from & then another 2 weeks when they arrive.
Shirley & Bruce.