Lock down

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
native pepper

Re: Lock down

Post by native pepper »

BruceS wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:23 am NP can you explain who will be running these isolated, outback quarantine villages?
Doctors, nurses, cooks, cleaners, security etc etc
Would YOU offer to go & supervise it all in amongst those infected? Yeah, right!
Leave 'em all over where they come from including the cricketers, olympic play things etc etc
Cricketers earn BIG BIG money over there & then expect me & you to bring them home & pay for isolation.
Get real!
Howard springs near Darwin runs very well and is fully staffed, we have many airports capable of landing international fights outside cities, the Alice is the place they store large planes that aren't being used, there are a number of unused mining camps around the area they could use. There's also Woomera, which has a huge airport, and lots of facilities capable of housing people. As it is, they have to transport arrivals to city hotels and staff wander round the city at will. Whereas in Howard springs, staff live off site in shifts so they do a few days, then rest in their facilities which are separate and no one goes near those quarantining, everyone is separated with clean air all around them and not in confined stale hotels.

My lady in Sweden sometimes works in quarantine facilities there. When working in quarantine, she is not allowed to go anywhere except to her flat and after a week working, she spends 3 days at home being tested, then she is allowed to go anywhere and it's working fine. They have reduced their cases, over 70% of the population has had one vaccination and the second dose is underway. She gets hers on the 8th of June then flies home on the 6th of July

If you're stupid enough to believe this virus will go away, then you're barking up the wrong tree. This may go away for awhile, but another will replaces it very soon after and anyone who has had the sense to keep up with what the effects of climates change and over population would cause, would know science predicted back in the 1980's that we would be subject to outbreak of disease and many other calamities.

Their reasoning is derived from the natural world, when a species overpopulates, nature comes along and culls it with disease and natural events. We are just animals, although most seem to think we are superior, but what we are doing to this planet is not the sign of a superior species, but a deranged self centred destructive species. Which is being borne out over and over now, as all that everyone's doing, is hoping it will go away and it may get worse. We are into the second year and still the fools have done nothing of worth other than repeat the same mistakes over and over, which is par for the course for ideological humans.

This country has quarantine facilities in every state a few decades ago but our intelligent politicians got rid of them thinking humans are capable of controlling life, yet we aren't even capable of controlling ourselves and our lives.This is not the first covid, but at least the 3rd and they get worse each time, now we have a mutation from india which seems extremely deadly. It's anyone's guess what the next virus will be like.

I think anyone who left the country after the virus hit, should be ignored, but there are thousands who were out of the country before and haven't been able to get back, they should be accommodated in that.
Busman

Post by Busman »

Howard Springs can't get the staff it needs to expand, and it is a lot closer than "near" a capital city.
I wish you luck in luring people to Woomera, at least the returnees will not be able to pass it on, they will be the only ones there !
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Busman wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:38 pm Howard Springs can't get the staff it needs to expand, and it is a lot closer than "near" a capital city.
I wish you luck in luring people to Woomera, at least the returnees will not be able to pass it on, they will be the only ones there !
I'm not trying to lure people anywhere, if I didn't have great grand kids couldn't give a stuff what happens, there's also the quarantine facility at the Alice where they've taken the Victorians they took off the Ghan. You don't need a lot of doctors or nurses for quarantining, it's only if they get real sick you need those facilities. After all they are using dumb arse private security companies and guards in cities and none of them have had any training.

I fully understand how the majority view it, couldn't care less, not their responsibility, leave it to the experts. How's that working so far, a terrible Failure, destroying more peoples lives and businesses. We can't work, other than round Tas and that's still very limited and will probably stop soon, because the fools here who have a wonderful ready to go quarantine facility just outside Hobart, but they are using hotels. We've been very lucky down here, no cases in Tas, but when I went to Cambridge airport to price a charter, everyone on and in the airport had to wear a mask. Our new tour in August is probably stuffed and everyone we know in the industry is in bad economic condition and it don't look like improving this year with the way they are going about it.
Busman

Post by Busman »

A few off the Ghan is way way different than thousands per week. If an outbreak got away in Alice, how would anyone contain it ?

Most here understand your attitude, extremely easy to sit behind a keyboard but suggest doing something constructive like going into politics and you throw up hands and it's all too hard. Happy to sit in one of the countries that has done very well, in world terms, but still not good enough.

Quite happy to sit behind your psedonym and throw bile at others. Why not give a bit of credit when due ?
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Can anyone outline with any authority just what the rules are for interstate travel?
Preferably in clear and simple English.
The ABC NEWS app differs from the Qld government’s site, and we’ve had different reports from Queensland residents camping with us, who phoned the RACQ.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

RobertNotBob wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:22 am........ hope this will be the end of shut downs for a while. Cheers Robert
I'd like to throw my two bobs worth in here.
IMNHO (In My Never Humble Opinion) THIS....is the new normal we've all been waiting for.
This outbreak will be contained. If not within the hoped for 7 days then at least within a relatively short time. Then, another breakout will occur, followed by another.
This one is a new mutation. As near as I can understand, one that is 5 times more contagious than the original. So, it may take a tad longer to contain.
If we are ever going to get back to a time when Covid is just not an issue, we need diligence and patience from everyone.

Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Greynomad wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:04 am Can anyone outline with any authority just what the rules are for interstate travel?
Preferably in clear and simple English.
The ABC NEWS app differs from the Qld government’s site, and we’ve had different reports from Queensland residents camping with us, who phoned the RACQ.
The Queensland government site Ray
We as you know were in Victoria and South Australia...we got our pass' from the government of both states, they are the only one's.... not the RACQ......
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

native pepper wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:51 pm
Busman wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:38 pm Howard Springs can't get the staff it needs to expand, and it is a lot closer than "near" a capital city.
I'm not trying to lure people anywhere, if I didn't have great grand kids couldn't give a stuff what happens, there's also the quarantine facility at the Alice where they've taken the Victorians they took off the Ghan. You don't need a lot of doctors or nurses for quarantining, it's only if they get real sick you need those facilities. After all they are using dumb arse private security companies and guards in cities and none of them have had any training.

I fully understand how the majority view it, couldn't care less, not their responsibility, leave it to the experts. How's that working so far, a terrible Failure, destroying more peoples lives and businesses. We can't work, other than round Tas and that's still very limited and will probably stop soon, because the fools here who have a wonderful ready to go quarantine facility just outside Hobart, but they are using hotels. We've been very lucky down here, no cases in Tas, but when I went to Cambridge airport to price a charter, everyone on and in the airport had to wear a mask. Our new tour in August is probably stuffed and everyone we know in the industry is in bad economic condition and it don't look like improving this year with the way they are going about it.
So now we finally see what is behind your view of how the system is organised at the moment .... you can't travel with your band and make money ..... strange that it always goes full circle back to the almighty $$. The feds are giving money to hotels rather than spending the bigger $$ and building quarantine facilities that would get the "potential problem people" away from the areas where you want to go to perform with your band ..... If the govt was giving you the same $$ as the hotel industry, would you be happy to open up your property to hold these quarantine people????? I'm guessing NIMBY would apply just the same as it does every where else. Such and such should be built .... well away from anywhere that would effect me ........ Not just "how Australian is that" but more "How superior human thinking is that" I know how things should be done that doesn't impact on me ....... sad isn't it, no matter how true it is

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Busman

Post by Busman »

Well the house didn't settle.
Not because of Covid, their place in Victoria settled in the morning.
At the settlement up here the CBA reps turned up, sans cheque to pay for the house. While they are doing a mortgage transfer that is ok, but CBA "forgot" to bring a bank cheque to pay for the house. So no settlement, 6 pm last night buyers and their 3 kids outside the house trying to find out what is going on. Poor buggers, feel for them.
Our solicitor trying to rebook for Monday but Westpac is not keen on same day bookings.
What a cock up.
If I had any money with CBA I would withdraw it in case they "forgot" I had it !!!!
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Very strange process in Qld!
In SA all the transactions take place at the Land Titles office in the city of Adelaide.
At the office neither your agent or the other agent need attend in person. Usually each has a representative act for them so country agents don't need to 'waste time'.
As soon as the "swap" takes place (money for title), the rep lets the agents for both parties know it's been done.
The seller usually gets the money next business day.
What happened was a 'cockup' but a 24hr rent of premises would have 'fixed' it as long as you trust your man.
BruceS
Mannum, SA