Lock down

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Busman

Re: Lock down

Post by Busman »

Similar here Bruce, but there is a global company that deos stuff like this, FMS. Seems the CBA representative was too dumb to ask if there was any money involved.
As for letting them in, don't know them from any other Victorians, or a bar of soap. Both agent and solicitor said NO. Spoke to the wife and she was not happy moving in until it was all done and dusted properly anyway. Seem like nice people but you never know.
Hopefully Monday will solve it, going out for dinner to celebrate anyway, should be another night well into the minuses here, huge frosts last few days.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Same in the Territory, ours stuffed up a bit because the loan was from the NAB Qld but SA Has control of the NT NAB and said they had to hold the title.
Did not settle Friday but on the Monday we still had possession Friday because we were good people. Not realy it was possesed by the bank and they did not want us pulling out of the deal.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Never mind SETI: the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence.
What we need is ILE: Intelligent Life on Earth!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

NSW has an interesting system that seems to work well. There is a 6 week cooling off period where either party can back out without loosing the deposit. If 10% of the purchase price is paid as the deposit, the price is fixed, otherwise the real estate agents try to pull the "gazumping" trick where they say they have a higher offer and you will need to outbid that offer to keep the sale.
They pulled that trick on me when we bought our first house, started with a ridiculously low discounted offer of $50,000 on a property listed for $75, 000. I could see what they were up to when they stalled the actual offer confirmation until late on the Friday afternoon. They figured we wouldn't be able to get the full 10% deposit organised over the week end but I had the $$ in my Credit Union Account and withdrew it in cash and paid the real estate agent's receptionist who was a fill in for the week end in cash making sure she filled the receipt in correctly saying this was the full 10% deposit on XXX address and agent listing number YYYY, dated and signed by both of us. To her credit, she did stuff it up a number of times, tried her hardest to put it off till the real estate agent could be contacted and that I didn't need to pay the full 10%.
Sure enough, on the Monday morning the agent rang and told us an offer for $60,000 had been made and we would have to beat that by enough to satisfy the seller to reject that offer and take our offer instead. I said I was quite happy to loose the sale, the bonus $100,000 for breaking the contract would help with us buying a property from another agency. He laughed and said that the deposit wasn't binding but they would hold it for a week for us to think about it. I mentioned something in the effect that he should carefully read the receipt before he contacted the seller and his legal people. I gave him an hr before I was going to contact our legal people. The agent rang back within 15 mins, spluttering and saying he would need to seak further advice of the matter. Then the seller contacted us saying they never agreed to sell at $50,000 so there could be no contract signed. I sympathised with them that the agent had tricked them and recommended they contact independent legal advice rather than the solicitor the agent recommended. I'm guessing the agent didn't get his commission and probably had to pay the difference or loose his licence.

When we sold the Lake Illawarra house, we discovered it had changed big time, rather than pay the 10% deposit, the buyers paid a huge premium to cut the cooling off period from 6 weeks to 48hrs. Then, within the 48 hrs they came up with some crap about damaged something or other and asked for a few thousand discount ... if they had paid the 10% deposit the price would have been locked in ..... It had already sold for a lot more than we expected so we gave them the discount ... only condition that the vacation date was fluid by a few days in case we needed the extra time. All worked out well, we were about 4 hrs over time, they were in the house and we were still packing stuff in the container on the back of our truck that we'd moved to the back patio when the container was lifted over the house :lol:To add to the grey areas, the insurance doesn't move to the buyers responsibility until 24 hr before the settlement date, during that 24 hrs the property is actually insured by both parties ..... this was the day they lifted the container over the house :shock: If they had dropped it there would have been a real bun fight about who was paying, our insurance, the lifting mobs insurance or the new owners insurance ... but at least we knew someone would be covering any damage 8-)
On the day of settlement, our agent arrived about an hr before. It was the first time he had seen the place without the container in the back yard and the new fence up that side of the yard ... his jaw dropped and he said he didn't realise just how big the back yard was without all the "prized possessions" of mine covering it ... you could see the missed opportunity written all over his face so I asked just how much more he thought he could have asked for it with the backyard now looking the way it did ..... another $50,000 minimum was his immediate response, we were happy a first home buyer had got a foot in the market and we knew it wouldn't have sold the day it was listed at the higher price point, so we didn't care really. The money was already in our bank (less the agents fees of course) before the new owners stepped foot on the nature strip, such are the rules in the city when it comes to real estate transactions, the agent had the money in their account days before to ensure there were no problems, the penalties for breach of contract are staggering and we would have had the right to relist the property at what ever price point we wished and the party that failed to meet the contract conditions would have had to pay all costs, interest on the money we hadn't received and if it sold for less, make up the difference, but if it sold for more, we kept the extra plus the interest paid ... so no one attempts to go into a contract unless they know they have the $$ ready well before the settlement date.

South Australia, what a strange set of rules here, like it was adjusted each time someone with political influence needed it changed to cover their butt .......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:44 am
So now we finally see what is behind your view of how the system is organised at the moment .... you can't travel with your band and make money ..... strange that it always goes full circle back to the almighty $$.
T1 Terry
I don't need the money, made enough over the decades from music and building to be comfortably off and have enough building work around the area to keep me busy for years and do it not for the money, but because there are few builders here and they charge a fortune. I do renovations, repairs and extensions for those who can't afford the huge prices they charge and it's very satisfying when you see how happy they are with what you've done for them.

I'm also thinking of the tens of thousands of people in the entertainment and hospitality industry, who haven't worked for well over a year, the many city businesses having to shut down all the time and rural people whose only entertainment is when we come along. We only play in small rural areas not cities and our fees are affordable.

Moving quarantines to rural areas would have no effect on us, but it opens up cities to function and the entertainment industry and business to get back to some form or normality. We play where we do not for the money, but to bring entertainment to those who rarely get it. Those in our band are all retired musos, none need the money, we do it for the people and for our own enjoyment.

That's why we do hour concerts at nursing homes for small change, or free round the country. Some insist they pay us, some can't afford it and if they want to pay, we charge $20 per band member for the hour concert and they get a real concert, most times they last a lot lot longer.

That's where my thinking sits, having quarantine in cities has no effect on me or what I do in any way. I never judge others, they judge themselves as do politicians. The snide remarks one gets here, shows few actually think through what someone posts, all they do freak out get the shits and attack those they disagree with. You're welcome to your deluded beliefs about me, I'm used to people not being able to handle how I see the world. So it's probably strange for you and others to come across someone who thinks of others and uses their position and skills to help them in their lives and others to get some rare entertainment.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

the fools here who have a wonderful ready to go quarantine facility just outside Hobart, but they are using hotels.

Well if it's not for the money and you feel that Tassie could cope better if they used the specially built quarantine facility near Hobart, why don't we fly all the overseas arrivals to Hobart and use that facility. That would keep them out of the big city hotels and make a great natural border protection so the mainland doesn't keep having these flare ups causing lock downs. Limit travellers out of Tassie to those who have had both jabs and have a negative test result before boarding the boat or a plane.
It might even kill two birds with the one stone. The Tasmanian's are regularly complaining they have been priced out of their own property market because the cashed up mainlanders move over there and pay the high asking prices. It would make Tassie a less desirable place for the older mainlanders to retire and might even make some who have moved there think twice about it and sell up for what ever they can get and move back to the mainland. The other plus is the federal govt would be paying big $$ into the community and that would stay in Tassie boosting the economy .....

What do you think of that idea NP?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

👍👍👍
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Busman

Post by Busman »

6 weeks cooling off period !! (sorry, forgot it was real estate, thuoght we were talking forum members !

Settlement here is 30 days, 3 day cooling off, 3 days to pay deposit which usually is pretty poor, like 1K. Shows the serious buyers when they stump up a $30K deposit like our buyers did, when that happens you are happy to negotiate an extended settlement.

Got stuff crossed for Monday but not holding breath.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Can be Les than 30 days Bill
We done one in two weeks.
Bernie.