Chinglish sqelling

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
2foot6

Re: Chinglish sqelling

Post by 2foot6 »

About fifteen years ago you could buy overseas Coca Cola in the super markets at a cheap price. My son bought some and didn't drink it. I tried it and it was not sweet like the Aussie coke and I didn't drink it either.(bloody awful) I'm a bit like Dot on buying from overseas,I do buy some overseas products but I'm cautious on my selection of goods.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Didn’t get a pic, but in a supermarket in Charleville I spotted hot cross buns for sale (!)... (leftover stock?)
Made in NZ!!!!! 😳😳😳
Don’t we have bakers in Oz? 🤬🤬🤬
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Colgate toothpaste is made in Indonesia,
Only two tooth paste made in Australia, “Grants” in Vic and exported to USA. Forgot the other one.

PeterH
PeterH
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

pet-els wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:27 pm Colgate toothpaste is made in Indonesia,
Only two tooth paste made in Australia, “Grants” in Vic and exported to USA. Forgot the other one.

PeterH
Yes, they closed down and then moved off shore the CP factory on the Gold Coast about 10 years ago.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

My toothpaste "oral 7" and the "Oral 7 mouthwash" is made in the UK. Happy with that. :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:15 am Didn’t get a pic, but in a supermarket in Charleville I spotted hot cross buns for sale (!)... (leftover stock?)
Made in NZ!!!!! 😳😳😳
Don’t we have bakers in Oz? 🤬🤬🤬
There is a strange arrangement in NZ where shipments from China pass through the port and become product of NZ when the float back out, without ever leaving the ship ...... It is possibly the shipment is sold to a Chinese shelf company registered in NZ and then sold through that company as coming from NZ ........

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

The other toothpaste is "Cedel"Dot check to see if Oral toothpaste is not made in South Africa. Thats why I changed brands.

PeterH
PeterH
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Interesting post. I recalled that my ALDI Dentitex toothpaste said Australian Made. So I went to investigate. The logo is blue, not green. I’ve Googled but not been able to find out if this is legit or not. I can’t imagine a company as big as Aldi would risk such a mistake but if I feel a bit more energetic tomorrow I might investigate further.

Anyone have an insight?
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Hi. My Oral B is made in Germany.
Cheers
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Our Maxwell & Williams china is made in... ummm... China. :?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields