Chinglish sqelling

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Chinglish sqelling

Post by Greynomad »

It would be a really good idea if Chinese factories employed someone who knew the difference between ‘p’ and ‘q’...
E2749FE1-AF4D-47B6-87D1-BFFC3B5B9FB6.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Chinglish sqelling

Post by T1 Terry »

I reckon if many of us tried to do the written Chinese language we'd make a lot more of mess of it than a letter back to front ;) :lol:
At least these days you can sort of work out what is being said, the early days "Chinglish" simply didn't make sense no matter how hard you tried :?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
If we were manufacturing for export to China as much as they manufacture for export to Oz, I’m sure we could employ some native Chinese-speaking uni students to vet any written material included.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Greynomad wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:07 pm T1,
If we were manufacturing for export to China as much as they manufacture for export to Oz, I’m sure we could employ some native Chinese-speaking uni students to vet any written material included.
That's the practical Eurasian way, but a huge "Loss of Face" for an Asian to openly admit that they got it wrong on their export lines.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

The irony is;

They can make them, they have the laser machines to etch the label, the way to market them and sell them all over the world.

What can we do? Complain about getting the spelling wrong.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:22 pm The irony is;

They can make them, they have the laser machines to etch the label, the way to market them and sell them all over the world.

What can we do? Complain about getting the spelling wrong.
The real bargains are when they stuff up the labelling. We bought a few of those bulb pump up wedge bags at a crazy price because the label printed on the bags had half the writing reversed mirror image, they even had all the spelling correct and the lay out lined up, just one line the writing was mirror image. The whole lot would have been rejected by the customer so they would have been sold off just to recover some of the losses ... in these cases, we win because of their errors ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

mmm. At the moment and for several weeks in our local IGA there is a big basket full of Colgate Toothpaste on super special because all the printing on them is in ...... ??? Looks like Vietnamese I reckon???
Vietpaste.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

I will not buy anything that is made or grown overseas now after seeing how those countries grow and pack food stuffs. even the dog food is dangerous . Pay peanuts and you get monkeys is so true, cheap and nasty is false economy
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Sounds like you'll soon have no possessions & die of starvation Dot!!
I think that toothpaste was made elswhere FOR the Viet market.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

so mote it be
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.