New Power Rates

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Riverlander

Re: New Power Rates

Post by Riverlander »

Hi T1. I am all single phase. Tried to get 3 phase but they wanted $14,000 to run it under the road to the house. Put on solar instead with the idea of adding a battery later.
Cheers
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

John,
I have 3-phase in my Playpen. Installed by previous owner.
I have no 3-phase equipment, so it sits idle. Just a wall decoration.
If you like, I could unscrew the plugs and post them to you.
Cost a lot less than $14,000!
🤣🤣🤣
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

haha ... Qld weather agreeing with you & Joy, Ray?? Watch the step!! ;) :twisted:

I believe you can buy a device to split single phase so you can use "light" 3 ph equip on it? :?: :!:
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Riverlander wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:04 pm Hi T1. I am all single phase. Tried to get 3 phase but they wanted $14,000 to run it under the road to the house. Put on solar instead with the idea of adding a battery later.
Cheers
If you still wanted 3 phase it can be done using three inverters and would cost less than $14,000 ;) Do you know how many separate single phase circuits you have in the switch board? Each one will have its own circuit breaker ...... Can you tell me the amp rating on the ducted air conditioner circuit breaker?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Hi. The house air-con has a 30 amp breaker. There are 7 power breakers ( 1 oven, 1 hot water, 4 power and one 15 amp outside power ) and 2 light. Also there is power up to the big shed and flat with another split air-con and electric stove, plus power to the camp kitchen with a 15 amp outlet and over to the upholstery shed that has the solar on the roof. Not sure how much power I have being delivered but I know I have to be a bit careful on what is being used at any one time.
Cheers John
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

1) Air conditioner 30 amp breaker
2) Stove/oven
3) Flat/shed
4) Camp Kitchen & upholstery shed
5) Hot water
6) 15 amp outside power
7) House power outlets? or are there 4 breakers for the house power?
8) lights
9) lights

Do the street lights go dim when you turn everything on? :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

We have just received notification that the feed-in tariff will be dropping from 9.5c to 7.6c as of 01/10/21. Particularly annoying as approx 75% of the solar produced is fed into the grid. :(

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Newcastle George wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:52 am We have just received notification that the feed-in tariff will be dropping from 9.5c to 7.6c as of 01/10/21. Particularly annoying as approx 75% of the solar produced is fed into the grid. :(

George
"tanks" here---George,
The WA buy back rate is going to 3 cents per kw/hr from 7 cents.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Newcastle George wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:52 am We have just received notification that the feed-in tariff will be dropping from 9.5c to 7.6c as of 01/10/21. Particularly annoying as approx 75% of the solar produced is fed into the grid. :(

George
"tanks" here---George,
The WA buy back rate is going to 3 cents per kw/hr from 7 cents with controlled amount of feed-in depending on the time of day.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Maybe it's time for everyone with feedin solar to turn it off for a week on a cold or hot period?
Maybe a 'contact me' if you feel like paying 25c?
BruceS
Mannum, SA