It Had To Happen

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

It Had To Happen

Post by Greynomad »

:roll: :roll:
Well, it’s finally happened.
Some Arabic doctor in Sydney is screaming “racism” because the NSW Police are patrolling ‘multi-ethnic suburbs’ warning people about the rules of the lockdown! (Only one fine issued, just warnings!) :roll:
I reckon if that’s an example of racism, then so is the vaccine rollout.
Remote Aboriginal communities (with minimal chance of contact with the virus) are receiving priority shipments for everyone over 16, while supposedly ‘top priority’ elderlies in nursing homes are still waiting.
But we’re not allowed to call that racism or we’re buried in criticism. :evil: :evil:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
2foot6

Re: It Had To Happen

Post by 2foot6 »

It well may be a doctor calling Racism,I would not want to be a patient of his if that's his view of life. :oops:
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:16 am :roll: :roll:
Well, it’s finally happened.
Some Arabic doctor in Sydney is screaming “racism” because the NSW Police are patrolling ‘multi-ethnic suburbs’ warning people about the rules of the lockdown! (Only one fine issued, just warnings!) :roll:
I reckon if that’s an example of racism, then so is the vaccine rollout.
Remote Aboriginal communities (with minimal chance of contact with the virus) are receiving priority shipments for everyone over 16, while supposedly ‘top priority’ elderlies in nursing homes are still waiting.
But we’re not allowed to call that racism or we’re buried in criticism. :evil: :evil:
Questioning this bit Ray? As far as I understand it, the only elderly in nursing homes not vaccinated are the ones who refused it or it was refused by the person who has the legal power to make decisions for them if they are deemed no longer capable ..... It is the age care workers that have the problem and it seems to be restricted to those working in the private sector because they can't afford to take the time off to get vaccinated ...... something the govt should address immediately ...... vaccination can't be made mandatory, but that would be easily worked around by refusing to employ anyone not vaccinated .....

I see it as racist complaining about the remote aboriginal communities getting priority for the vaccine .... it's not like they have a major hospital or care workers that could handle an outbreak in these places .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:28 am.... it's not like they have a major hospital or care workers that could handle an outbreak in these places .....
And, from what I've read they're more prone to catching it and will get sicker when they do. A trait that is apparently shared by the original inhabitants of other countries. I have some First Nation people in my family back in Canada and that report comes from them.

Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
Dot

Post by Dot »

If I was to be in a hospital now I would be asking all the people that came into my room if they were vaccinated? if they said no then I would tell them to go away. After what I have seen during these last couple of years in hospitals I have every right to be concerned. I do let the admin dept aware of my concerns, I have had replies from 3/3 places and they also thanked me for letting them know.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:28 am
Greynomad wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:16 am :roll: :roll:
I see it as racist complaining about the remote aboriginal communities getting priority for the vaccine ....

T1 Terry
QED

T1,
NOTE: I said remote aboriginal communities. They are highly unlikely to come into contact with the virus. I think they should wait their turn with everyone else. White people working on remote stations have to.
Urban aborigines? I have no quarrel with them being vaccinated (according to medical advice) along with the rest of the population.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Problem is you have to find somewhere to get vaccinated, 48 year old son's doctor claims he has no vaccine & at present he can't find anywhere to make an appointment for the jab, hopefully when the new centre opens in the old Bunnings complex at Belmont, NSW, he'll be able to get it.
We're due to get our second jab on the 18th July.
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

What is the matter with people that don't have the brains to not do the right thing and stay home, if they want to kill themselves that is their choice but do it at home and give the smart people that do have brains be able to live life without fear. :evil:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Dot, its because some people are smarter than everybody else, and refuse to do what they are asked. And when they don't get their own way they play the racism card or scream police state or nanny state or similar. And it isn't just in Australia either. It is happening in many multi cultural countries all over the world.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Shirley wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:30 pm Problem is you have to find somewhere to get vaccinated, 48 year old son's doctor claims he has no vaccine & at present he can't find anywhere to make an appointment for the jab, hopefully when the new centre opens in the old Bunnings complex at Belmont, NSW, he'll be able to get it.
We're due to get our second jab on the 18th July.
With you on that one, Shirley!
SWMBO couldn’t get a jab at home (not a regular at the clinic with the vaccine!), 3 week wait at Temora, 4 weeks at Charleville… asked at Condobolin Aboriginal Health Clinic: “Sure. We’ve got plenty here. Come by in 2 hours.”
Done & dusted. What does that tell you?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields