It Had To Happen

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: It Had To Happen

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:27 am
Shirley wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:30 pm Problem is you have to find somewhere to get vaccinated, 48 year old son's doctor claims he has no vaccine & at present he can't find anywhere to make an appointment for the jab, hopefully when the new centre opens in the old Bunnings complex at Belmont, NSW, he'll be able to get it.
We're due to get our second jab on the 18th July.
With you on that one, Shirley!
SWMBO couldn’t get a jab at home (not a regular at the clinic with the vaccine!), 3 week wait at Temora, 4 weeks at Charleville… asked at Condobolin Aboriginal Health Clinic: “Sure. We’ve got plenty here. Come by in 2 hours.”
Done & dusted. What does that tell you?
The squeaky wheel gets the oil ...... Indigenous and women in general are the current focus of attention and would made great headlines that could really harm the govt even more than it is now, so vaccine priority is a political as well as health issue ..... just be thankful the "me too" movement doesn't have enough political clout to get women vaccinated before men, no matter what the age group or vulnerability .....
As far as the remote aboriginal settlements, they still have trucks enter the communities to bring supplies and medical people as well as those that visit for what ever reason.
Overseas experience already shows the vaccine doesn't prevent someone catching the virus and spreading it, it just stops it from causing an over reaction by the immune system that ends up killing the body it was trying to protect. The immune system now recognises the virus and rather than using the scatter gun approach and trying everything at once hoping for the desired result, it knows how to attack and kill the virus so the body it is protecting can still function much like it does when a cold is detected ..... the flu kills those who don't have the correct immune response so a flu vaccine gets the immune system ready if the flu virus should be detected, the Covid 19 vaccine is doing the same sort of thing ..... it won't stop you catching it but it will stop it from hospitalising or killing you

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

With the situation now and the new delta mutation being very dangerous, can see they have proved how worthless it would be to move quarantine out of cities, which everyone ran me down for even suggesting.

We sure have really intelligent politicians, wonder why all the parties continue to destroy small business and the peoples health, to support some of their biggest donors, the hotel industry and corporate duopolies. When all they need to do is move arrivals out of cities to quarantine, so everyone can go back to living their lives and not being subjected to these unnecessary lock downs. They've had almost 18 months to do that and have done nothing, but more of the same insanity.

My lady still stuck in Sweden is fully vaccinated as a nurse, but they are only issuing vaccination certificates for 3 months, because the virus is mutating so fast, now it's maiming and killing more and more fully vaccinated. She says there is growing evidence that these vaccinations are creating heart and respiratory problems which are debilitating people for very long periods.
Dot

Post by Dot »

I have come to the conclusion is to believe not all we are told as gospel and make up your own mind.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Indigenous have lower health outcomes. The community risk is much higher. If covid got it, it would be a disaster.
It makes perfect sense to vaccinate communities. Just like the elderly community centres should have been.

Ray, how are you going to get home? Vic gov't is locking the borders to NSW. You'll need to get to SA and come in that way. Better be quick.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

This seems like an appropriate thread to post this. Stolen from elsewhere.
I remain unconvinced that we are being told all the facts about the worldwide effects of covid

Screenshot_fbk.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Yup.
If everyone in Sydney was told to stay home except for vaccination or essential supplies, how come Bondi Beach was closed to surfers because a shark was closing in on them? :roll: :?
I wasn’t aware that Bondi Surf Club was a vaccination centre…
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

jon_d wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:27 pm Ray, how are you going to get home? Vic gov't is locking the borders to NSW. You'll need to get to SA and come in that way. Better be quick.
Slowly.
No hope of beating the closure from Maryborough so didn’t try.
Just hoping things are sorted by the time we reach the Vic border. At least it won’t cost us extra for accommodation. 😀
Thought of getting home via Mt Isa & SA, but ruled out on fuel costs and extra time involved.
In any case, we’ll have to stock up on food & pack the fridge tightly to last two weeks, just in case we need to self-isolate at home.
At least we won’t be bored… plenty of jobs lined up.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

We had a visit from Chris and Val today who are camped up at Doonvilla Camp in Maryborough where Ray and Joy are supposed to be. They say they can’t see them but it was apparently chockers yesterday so we will give them the benefit of the doubt. They live in the Barossa Valley and abandoned their original plan of heading to NT and south to SA. Now their plan is to head to Bundaberg to visit friends and then get from Qld to SA via Innaminka. That’s easy for people with an off-road van and 4WD, motorhomes are a bit more problematic.

Mundi Mundi Bash is looking shaky. We should hear by the end of the week.
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

That Mundi Mundi bash was looking like a good deal too. It was already sold out when we were in Silverton about a month ago. I think it was capped at 6000 people. Would be a great venue too. I hope you can get there Lesley. Don't worry about not being able to come straight back :D
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Covid red zone at the moment will it be shut down 🤔
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini