Wikicamps

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Dot

Re: Wikicamps

Post by Dot »

SteveW wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:56 am
Dot wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:07 pm Hi Chris, I don't even know what an android ph is :lol: :oops: I shall discuss your post with Bruce on Sat and see if he can explain a lot of things to me :D (to do with computers and phones) Thanks
android
noun
(in science fiction) a robot with a human appearance.

Think 'George' Dot. Tell him what to do and he does it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry George.
Now that was a good one Steve, but lately it is not performing as it used to, maybe a trade in for 2 x 18 yr olds :twisted: :twisted:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Chris61

Post by Chris61 »

Jon and Kay wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:18 am Don't forget to turn your Data connection off when using Sygic. It doesn't need it , as it works offline, but will gobble up unnecessary data if left on.
Hi Jon, I leave data turned on, doesn't seem to use any data, but I have been wrong before. Google maps will use your data up.

Have Sygic running, I have data on for wikicamps, select campsite or POI, click on get directions, select Sygic from list. As long as Wikicamps flag is at entrance of camp ground you should have no problems,
If flag is at back of campground, the GPS coordinates will choose the nearest road. This can be a problem if there is a closer road to entrance or if there is a river between flag and road. If this happens you need to edit the site and shift the flag to the entrance for your benefit and the next person to use Wikicamps. I use satellite mode sometimes and zoom in see if flag is at entrance, practice does help you master Wikicamps. 99% of the time you will have no problems, but don't blame Wikicamps or Sygic if you have problems, blame whoever added the information.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

So how does one get this wikicamps...??? On me mobility phone...???

It’s a fruit job...!!!

Vik... :roll:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Vik, WikiCamps is available for both Apple and Android devices. Just go to the App Store on your device and download. I think it is $7.99 on Apple and should be around the same on Android. That is a one-off charge and you can download it to all your devices that use the same platform. Worth every cent.

Cheers
Lesley
Our blog: http://nussbaumerweb.wordpress.com
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Swisslulu wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:03 pm Vik, WikiCamps is available for both Apple and Android devices. Just go to the App Store on your device and download. I think it is $7.99 on Apple and should be around the same on Android. That is a one-off charge and you can download it to all your devices that use the same platform. Worth every cent.

Cheers
Lesley
Thanks for that, all I ever got was ads on the app tingo, but went to the end and then search ;)

Vik... :ugeek: not ...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Hmmm ,bought it last night, on the i pad, but cant find it on my phone...???

Is there some trick ...???

Spose there is...

Vik...
bob r

Post by bob r »

I think you will have to download it to the phone to Vik.

Bob
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

If you have an iPhone, just download it at no cost, using the same Apple ID. If your phone is Android you will have to pay again for the different platform.

Cheers
Lesley
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Swisslulu wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:58 pm If you have an iPhone, just download it at no cost, using the same Apple ID. If your phone is Android you will have to pay again for the different platform.

Cheers
Lesley
Wierd, when I bought it they made it sound as though once you buy it it works off all your apple stuff ...???

Like a wifi I thought...???

vik... :ugeek: not
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dot wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:37 pm Now that was a good one Steve, but lately it is not performing as it used to, maybe a trade in for 2 x 18 yr olds :twisted: :twisted:
Dottie,
Maybe you should try changing batteries in the G-man????
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields