Insurance companies comparisons

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Newcastle George

Re: Insurance companies comparisons

Post by Newcastle George »

I have just checked the prices for Green Slip for my Terios. They ranged from $421.72 from AAMI to $474.01 from Allianz with NRMA coming in 2nd last at $471.29.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

We have our house with APIA, Girt the m/h and the Late Lamented Jim the Junior Jeep (plus trailer) with Winnebago/Avida RV Club ins. Jim’s replacement has replaced him on the Avida policy. Payments are annual compared with monthly with APIA & KTA. Prices are comparable, as is coverage. Only difference is get-me-home cover is $5000; KTA is $10,000.
However, after our experience when I broke my leg in WA, I’m happy NOT to be with KTA any more!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

PART TWO
G was checking the insurance policies and noticed that neither KT, Apia or CIL will insure the car whilst being towed. Anyone got any thoughts on this?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Winnebago/Avida RV Club insurance covers the trailer automatically, car is also with them, so no problem.
Cannot believe KTA won’t cover a toad!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Busman

Post by Busman »

Is that on A frame only, surely not in a trailer ?

BTW was with Elders for many years now cars all with Youi less than half. Also they have given 15% discount because of less car use due to virus.
Even old house with them almost 1/2 Elders. But Stanthorpe house was 3 times Elders, go figure ?
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Dot

Post by Dot »

KT used to cover the car being towed behind the MH and they still cover a trailer up to $1000.BUT not the car.
The way I understand from what they said it didn't matter if it car was flat towed or on a trailer it was still a NO.
Suncorp will cover the car either driven or towed . Think it may be time to get real clarification and read the small print. These insurance people are sneaky little buggers.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Busman wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:02 am Is that on A frame only, surely not in a trailer ?

BTW was with Elders for many years now cars all with Youi less than half. Also they have given 15% discount because of less car use due to virus.
Even old house with them almost 1/2 Elders. But Stanthorpe house was 3 times Elders, go figure ?
Do you think that the high premiums for the Stanthorpe house may have been reflective of the bushfire damage in that border region during the last bushfire season?
We found a similar premium hike at Hervey Bay after the last storm season. Even though the last flood levels came nowhere near our place.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Busman

Post by Busman »

David,
Don't think so.
Elders seemed more interested in the address, Youi had a whole suite of questions.
Our daughter who is a medical scientist that basically tells you when you have cancer etc was coming home last night when she was rear ended by a truck.
Jumped on youi website and added her. Then she was able to use wife car that is still in old house garage in Morayfield.
Slightly increased premium but so easy to do.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !