Is this for real (SA of course)

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
El Gringo

Re: Is this for real (SA of course)

Post by El Gringo »

Here's a link to approved ones.
https://www.autoelec.com.au/narva-84200 ... ning-refle

Chers,
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Lance wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:00 pm
El Gringo wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:07 pm 400 high x 400 wide.
Get them from most safety shops.

Cheers.
These should satisfy requiremnents ?
42x42 folding

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-Reflecti ... SwlzRabm3e

Not a lot of money, $40 for 4 8-)

Go get'em Vik ;)
Shouldnt the Iviko come with a set...???

There was a strange lump in the carpet come to think of it ,other side of the jacl tools... :?

Terrence has my bomb at the mo so I will wait and see... seems that was a Euro thing Merks did with the boot tool box every car model ...

vik... Ah to be safe...!!! :|
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Doesn't say heavy vehicle on your licence plates so the motorhome is not registered as a heavy vehicle ... so none of the triangle stuff applies. The whole rules regarding triangle placement are part of the licence upgrade from car to heavy vehicle licence.

So this list of offences, did you just look them up or did you actually get them in the mail?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

T1 Terry wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:22 am Doesn't say heavy vehicle on your licence plates so the motorhome is not registered as a heavy vehicle ... so none of the triangle stuff applies. The whole rules regarding triangle placement are part of the licence upgrade from car to heavy vehicle licence.

So this list of offences, did you just look them up or did you actually get them in the mail?

T1 Terry
My bomb came with Heavy Vehicle plates... Then I got those personal plates, I wondered about that... ,cos it's a heavy vehicle if personal plates would still say heavy vehicle... on the plates...???

Another loop hole I spose, now I will get pulled over for random weight checks I spose, but drive past the weigh bridges ...??? :P :| :roll:

vik...

PS I looked em up ...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

If you need a heavy vehicle license to drive it (LR, MR, HR etc) Then it applies to your vehicle.

Cheers,
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Don't try driving past a weigh bridge in nsw without driving in if it's open.
Bernie.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

vik351 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:30 am
T1 Terry wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:22 am Doesn't say heavy vehicle on your licence plates so the motorhome is not registered as a heavy vehicle ... so none of the triangle stuff applies. The whole rules regarding triangle placement are part of the licence upgrade from car to heavy vehicle licence.

T1 Terry
My bomb came with Heavy Vehicle plates... Then I got those personal plates, I wondered about that... ,cos it's a heavy vehicle if personal plates would still say heavy vehicle... on the plates...???

Another loop hole I spose, now I will get pulled over for random weight checks I spose, but drive past the weigh bridges ...??? :P :| :roll:

vik...

PS I looked em up ...
Someone screwed up I'm guessing, either should have Heavy Vehicle stamped on the plates or you can't get personalised plates for heavy vehicles .... I think the second on applies in NSW.
Do you have an LR or MR licence Vik?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Bow

Post by Bow »

BernieQ wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:22 am Don't try driving past a weigh bridge in nsw without driving in if it's open.
Bernie.
Inspections station north of Taree and south of Coffs Harrbour are all vehicles over 4.5 Ton must use left lane and pull over if instructed.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Bow wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:47 am
BernieQ wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:22 am Don't try driving past a weigh bridge in nsw without driving in if it's open.
Bernie.
Inspections station north of Taree and south of Coffs Harrbour are all vehicles over 4.5 Ton must use left lane and pull over if instructed.
Only a matter of time before all the automated stations drop the weighbridge requirement to 4.5 tonne. The Police can also request any rig to enter a weighbridge to check axle weights and we will see a serious increase to this activity just as soon as they have the majority of weigh bridges automated.

T1 Terry
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Driver's licence classes and condition codes are uniform across all states and territories of Australia.

There are eight driver's licence classifications:

C Car
LR Light Rigid
MR Medium Rigid
HR Heavy Rigid
HC Heavy Combination
MC Multi Combination
R-DATE Motorcycle or trike with an engine capacity up to 660 ml and a power-to-weight ratio not exceeding 150 kw/tonne
R Motorcycle.

Me HR and R ... from the good old days
mybike.JPG
Well beats me, filled out the forms, said my plate was available, had the box to tick for HV plates, ticked it...

The rest is history...!!!

vik...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.