Travel tips

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Dot

Travel tips

Post by Dot »

Totally confused this time. Wanting to go to NZ in March for a couple of weeks. Who do you travellers use for air fares car hire best prices etc?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Mrcoolabah1au

Re: Travel tips

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Mite have to ask Richard Brampton he does space travel 🤔
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Dot wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:46 pm Totally confused this time. Wanting to go to NZ in March for a couple of weeks. Who do you travellers use for air fares car hire best prices etc?
"tanks" here---Dot,
Have a chat with Newcastle George.
He was over that way recently for a holiday and I am sure he would have done his research on all of the associated costs.
Do you want car hire and motel accommodation, or do you intend to go motorhome style and drive your bed around the gravel pits for a few weeks. Do you know how to drive in N.Z. ?
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

No good asking me, Julie does all that stuff and when we were down there, both the north and south, we stayed in exchange timeshare accomodation. I know we travelled Air NZ but other than that I am just the bag carrier and hire car driver.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dottie,
Must be 10 years ago, but we booked flights directly with Air NZ (best value) & used RACV to book all motels & hire car.
So maybe make a call to RAA’s Travel Dept??
At least you’ll then have a base price for comparison. Flight Centre has a good reputation with our friends.
I believe they can also book accommodation, hire car, even tours if you want.
But best price on hire car will probably be through RAA.
If you have a Seniors Card, ask if there’s any discounts... but you’re probably too young for that. 😜
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Wow yes ok thanks for that great message [emoji1634][emoji483][emoji481][emoji484]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I think you'll find Air New Zealand is the only non-stop flight from Adelaide. Leaves and returns at a respectable hour as well - around 11.00am.
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Steve I reckon that's too early for Dot!!!
:) :lol: :lol:
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

You lot can be so cruel, :lol: :lol: :( I reckon I have just about got this sorted with a little help from my Claytons daughter. The direct flight from Adel is the best way to go and of course with the best airline ever :lol: (Air New Zealand) car hire thru Rentalcars.com Toyota yaris (auto) 10 days $398 and insurance of around $200 refunded if no damage. No need for motels, have friends with beds like Norman :twisted: :twisted: Have to go to see my old friend before he falls off the perch, I was his anaesthetic assistant for quite a few years his wife as also an anaesthetist but she died last year and I couldn't get back before she moved on. Last time I went back the place looked like little India and China town with people scurrying around like mice, a lot different from the sleepy place of 1975. Will be nice to see green grass again though.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Will be nice to see green grass again though.
Dottie,
What is "green grass" again? I've forgotten. 8-)
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields