Only driven on Sundays... :)

Any caravans, campervans or motorhomes can be placed here with photos.
Greynomad

Only driven on Sundays... :)

Post by Greynomad »

According to their newsletter, "Mr & Mrs Camel" (Admin @ http://www.caravancaravan.com.au, mentioned elsewhere on this forum as a 'Claytons GeoWiki' of campsites for non-members of ****) are selling their rig to buy a fiver/toyhauler.
The 5 minute video, presumably edited down from the Gall Bros Far North Queensland Adventure DVD, shows the 'slightly-off-the-bitumen' use it has had.
:o :shock: :o
The video is worth a look, whether you're interested in buying or not!!
They didn't show Mrs Camel opening the cupboards or fridge after this run... ;) :lol:
Wanna buy a 'slightly used' van & Troopy? Going cheap (maybe)...
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Only driven on Sundays... :)

Post by T1 Terry »

That is sensational ad for Kedron vans eh, I'm not tempted to buy that one though, I'm not a caravan person, but if I was, well…... It has proven it's strength and if it hadn't fallen apart doing that sort of work you could be fairly confident it would stay together on the less torturous stuff.
It reminds me of the you Tube video Flight of the Kombi's, Kombi’s to the Cape http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBXRlmnSdL0, I'd love to build one like it or buy that one if I had the $$, it has proven itself. The dark blue kombi is only rear wheel drive, the rest of them are modified 4 x 4 Syncro kombi's with diff locks.

So, although they look like they have been through the wringer, they have proved their toughness
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
John M

Re: Only driven on Sundays... :)

Post by John M »

The dark blue kombi is only rear wheel drive
We tend to forget that a fore fathers did all this and more in rear wheel drive only (often in A model fords and the like), But then, there weren't those big horsepower 4Wds chopping up the track and making it impassable for everyone else.
"Recycled Teenagers", John, Shirley and Four legged person Beau, travelling in a 7m Isuzu bus towing a trailer. Enjoying the fellowship of the road