Toyota Landcruiser GXL V8 TTD Auto, (SOLD)

Any caravans, campervans or motorhomes can be placed here with photos.
bobk

Re: Toyota Landcruiser GXL V8 TTD Auto, (SOLD)

Post by bobk »

Now I just want to be reassured here Chuck, I take it there is no longer a requirement for lifting the suspension etc and therefore no need for carrying a step for the benefit of Mrs K to get in and out? :lol: It (the LC) was a lovely vehicle and the purchaser will get a good one as it got all the love it needed and more. Good luck with the new one, R&L.
Bob and Lyn aka Mr & Mrs K.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Onyu Chuck, no excuses not to travel now.x
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

bobk wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:17 am Now I just want to be reassured here Chuck, I take it there is no longer a requirement for lifting the suspension etc and therefore no need for carrying a step for the benefit of Mrs K to get in and out? :lol: It (the LC) was a lovely vehicle and the purchaser will get a good one as it got all the love it needed and more. Good luck with the new one, R&L.
Correct Bob, no need for the step.
Delivered the Cruiser to the VW dealer this morning - they're gunna do all the changeover stuff including the rego plates. In the mean time they gave us a VW Golf, up market one, to drive around in till ready to pic up the new Tiguan. This Golf is a bloody sports car... :o :D really had to concentrate on the speedo, so easy to go waaaayyyy over. It's a lot lower than the Cruiser so that's gunna do some work on the lower back(!!) & the thigh muscles.

Yeah Dot, now when we travel the accommodation will be either cabins in van parks or motels... I think the van parks will be getting most of our $$$.

About to head out for lunch then wait for the phone call to pick up the new wheels.

Hooroo... :D
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here Chuck,
What sort of a Jeep did you get ..??.
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Keith Morris wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:02 am "tanks" here Chuck,
What sort of a Jeep did you get ..??.
Keith

Yeah... AS IF !!!

VW Tiguan, 132kw, White, dashboard like a cockpit!!

About to start reading the associated paperwork that came with it to try & get an idea into this old brain what I might expect when I strap myself in... next time. :D :D
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Somethings on these new cars you just never will get used to in my opinion.
Suzuki I got bugs me at times.
Turn off the engine & you can't open or close any windows.
Turn on the ignition & the radio blows your head off. Turn it off BEFORE you kill the motor & it STILL does it next time too.
Need 6 compressions before it starts. The last 4 cars I had start on first compression.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

This Tiguan feels like it almost does things just as you're about to think about doing it... or maybe my thought process is just a little slower than my actions. :D

Need one of the grandkids to visit & help out with all the settings... phew... :oops:
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Busman

Post by Busman »

Something wrong there Bruce, we have 2 new Suzy's and neither of them has that radio problem. Yes the windows thing is annoying, I guess will get used to it.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !