Introducing Mick and Tracey

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
Dot

Re: Introducing Mick and Tracey

Post by Dot »

T1 Terry wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:29 pm
Newcastle George wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:16 am Terry, Tracey drives the Prius as an advance scout while Mick drives the MH.

George
Ah, I'm looking at a way to convert the front hubs on our Prius to free wheeling hubs but If Mick had already mastered that issue it would have saved me a heap of re-engineering.
Silly old fart Terry just admit you didn't read their post correctly :oops: Your eyes must be going as well as those ears :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dapope

Post by dapope »

Trailer, or a dolly :D
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

dapope wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:32 pm Trailer, or a dolly :D
Looked at the dolly idea, maybe make our own dual axle job for the tyre security, our a hitch method similar to the tow trucks where the wheels go onto a cradle and that lifts up to get the wheels off the ground. The free wheeling hubs would be a whole lot easier when it comes to connecting up and disconnecting from the tow vehicle though with no additional vehicle weight added or towbar weight and no additional rego costs or parking/security issues. A project for the future cause I don't have the time or $$ now.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Mickconnolly

Post by Mickconnolly »

pet-els wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:22 am Welcome Mick & Tracey,
Your quote "One of my interests is in marine propulsion for sailing boats."
I thought that was WIND??????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

PeterH
I see I’m going to have trouble with you PeterH😳
Mick and Trace living the good life!
Winnebago Alpine 2007
Mickconnolly

Post by Mickconnolly »

Newcastle George wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:16 am Terry, Tracey drives the Prius as an advance scout while Mick drives the MH.

George
Dang George I was going to spin Terry a story about using the front wheels to generate power that I fed back into the batteries via an Anderson plug and watch Terry’s head explode with a What the Hell...expression!🤪. Yes I’m evil!!

But what I can say in all seriousness is two things. First one is that in our experience towing was not a successful way of doing things. There were a few reasons why like length, speed, but the real clincher was the fact that in most places we simply had to take the 4x4 off the trailer, take the trailer off the MH, Drive the MH forward if there was space, hook up the 4x4 to the trailer, then drive into wherever we were going, find a place to store the trailet(not always easy) and then dump and secure the trailer. Again some might say “big deal” but not when it’s hot, doing this in 45 degree heat is grewling work and makes tempers shorter than normal. After we got rid of the trailer we now have s grand total from reaching the spot to settled in to a cuppa of 15minutes. But that’s probably more to do with our make life easy philosophical views.

The second thing is more technical. The Prius, man what a vehicle, an underrated, much maligned and invisible machine. And what potential for reuse or repurposed I think is the new vernacular, upcycling if you don’t mind!!!
Someone here must have given thought to how that magnificent motor could be harvested for highly efficienct home generation?? Anyone??

Mick
Mick and Trace living the good life!
Winnebago Alpine 2007