Moo cows

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
BernieQ2

Re: Moo cows

Post by BernieQ2 »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:02 pm If the battery was still holding 12.7v while the inverter was powering the fridge, there was more than 24% SOC left in the battery. 12v under load equals approx. 50% SOC. The reserve capacity is the bit that will tell you how much capacity could be stored in the battery when it was new, the number of minutes it could provide 25 amps until it is fully discharged. Half of that is the new battery capacity available until the magic 50% SOC is reached. Depending how old the battery is, how many times it has gone flat, how many times it has been left not fully charged, which way the wind is blowing and how you are holding your mouth at the time as to how much of that 50% is still available .... but the 12v while under load is a fair indication of the 50% SOC mark anyway :D

T1 Terry
No wind here Terry...depends on the wind ?
The battery is of a unknown age twas the battery from the car...I think you're telling me that it maybe/ should do the intended trip .
Another thing jeeps at least my model use agm batterys.
Bernie .