Price of bananas?

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
BruceS
Site Admin

Price of bananas?

Post by BruceS »

What's going on in Coffs Harbour or Qld?
$4.20 a kg is a bit rich I reckon?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Price of bananas?

Post by T1 Terry »

It's the high cost of getting them bent to just the right shape Bruce, you wouldn't buy them if they were straight eh :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

that bend Terry is known as Peyronie's disease
Bananas prices in WA was at $6.99 = no buy them
Here today $2.99 but woody.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Top quality banana's have been $1-99 a kg for the past 6 weeks at our local fruit shop for the past 6 weeks Albany Creek Qld. Cheaper than Aldi who are generally the cheapest.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Not true Dot my son picks them up in far nth Qld and drives them to Vic, they are the only ones with the bending machine. Or so my son told the young lady at the truck stop.
Now he wouldn't lie to a pretty face would he HAHAHAHAHHA, she believed him?
Bernie.
Dot

Post by Dot »

We have friends at Macksville who grows the beaut banana, when I saw them straight off the tree I thought "what horrible looking bananas" but they were the most beautiful ones I have ever eaten.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

$3.50 at Woolies Lake Munmorah,NSW, Central Coast this morning.
Shirley & Bruce.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I checked at Woolies down here in God's Country and they were $2.48kg, so there doesn't seem to be any rules as far as price goes, I guess it's a case of what the customer is willing to pay sets the price.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

T1 Terry wrote:...I guess it's a case of what the customer is willing to pay sets the price.
Sometimes the post code influences price too.
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Isnt it all part of the laws of supply and demand. Bananas will be cheaper for the big shops to buy in different places, and some of it is definitely what they think they can hit the poor consumer with.
Shirley, you shoulda gone ever to Toukley. The fruit shop has trays of narnies for a dollar. There is about half a kilo in each tray and very small mangoes at 5 for $10. Asparagus was $3 for 3 bunches. We are blessed with reasonably priced fruit n vegs for most of the year here.xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life