Cleaning up dog hair.

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
supersparky

Cleaning up dog hair.

Post by supersparky »

Our little Suzuki is the toad, grocery getter and dog hauler. So after our last trip along a few dusty roads it was decided to give it a proper cleanup up. The dust is relatively simple but the dog hair just won't give up. Does anyone have a successful method of removing dog hair from carpet?
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
TassyJim

Re: Cleaning up dog hair.

Post by TassyJim »

Masking tape.
Stick it on - pull it off, hopefully with the dog hair.

Or get a dog that doesn't shed. That was our solution.

Jim
Jim & Jennene with Teddy & Pascale. RIP Scarlet
Used to have Iveco towing a 5th Wheeler
Now back to dreaming again...
Nomad's Almanac
http://www.c-com.com.au/nomad.htm
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

wet cloth , damp cloth or damp mop?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Thanks for the prompt replies folks. I have tried the damp cloth method. It doesn't seem to want to work on this carpet, which is sort of like marine carpet. The only thing that is working a bit is the rubber glove wiping method, but it is very marginal. I will give the masking tape a go now.
We aren't ready to change the dog yet. I was hoping that he would outlast the Suzuki.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

I have a vacum cleaner called a dirt devil, when looking for new vacum years ago looked at the reviews for them and most claimed the dust devil which was pretty cheap, beat everyone, including dyson and commercial vacuums.

Bought one and it picked up all the dog hair in my house, bus and cars. My neighbour was so impressed she got one and they have been working for many years without any trouble. The rotating brush that came with it finally fell apart, but the devil still picks up all the dog hairs and there are 3 dogs in my house at times.

Don't know if you can buy them in Aus, got mine from Europe and it took 4 days to get here, rather than the weeks when you buy through ebay. They are small compact and very efficient, never get that vacum cleaner smell you normally do with some.

There is also a very fool proof way to pick up dog hair, get a cashmere jumper and roll round the floor, you'd be amazed at how much hair it picks up. Just ask my grand daughter who rolled round and round with the dogs one day in her new cashmere jumper her gran had given her. Couldn't tell the dogs from the kid, except for the Cheshire cat grin on her face.

Mum was not impressed as granny is one of those women who have their homes absolutely spotless with everything in its right place and is incredibly boring. Whilst her pop, (me) is a slob who likes to take them on adventures or working with me in my workshop and lets them go berserk on the farm.

Thought had better look them up to see if they are still around, had mine about 10 years and they have changed a lot and expanded their range. Might be worth a look, or trial if they are now sold in Aus

Just had a look and they are available on ebay, this link is t5he later model of mine and the other link is one of their stick cleaners, which comes with a turbo brush for hair etc. May be worth a look for doing your jib ir for any who may be after really good bagless vacum at reasonable prices.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dirt-Devil- ... rk:22:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dirt-Devil- ... :rk:2:pf:0

https://www.dirtdevil.com/
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

We got a evil bay one , portable, called a Shark...

Size of a dust bug, but pulls like a teenager...

Has a rotating brush which lifts the hairs and when ya go with the nap or against it... :o :o :P

Really good...!!!

And short hair mutt is the go...!!!

Vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

the dog hair just won't give up. Does anyone have a successful method of removing dog hair from carpet?
Say "Bandit, get out" works with Phoenix.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Thanks NP for those links.
Jd, Bandit doesn't come into the house. I'm just trying to clean the Suzuki carpet.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
Dot

Post by Dot »

Never never ever will you get rid of those hairs, :lol: we still are finding our Dobe's little black hairs here and there and it has been yes since he left us so just get over the "clean thing" and love Mr Bandit. How many of your hairs are scattered around the cars, house and what about the shower :lol: :lol: I even have pussy hair all over the place.. who gives a turd? :lol: Oh you could try either Lazer treatments or waxing, or put lino down.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Dot wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:25 pm Never never ever will you get rid of those hairs, :lol: we still are finding our Dobe's little black hairs here and there and it has been yes since he left us so just get over the "clean thing" and love Mr Bandit. How many of your hairs are scattered around the cars, house and what about the shower :lol: :lol: I even have pussy hair all over the place.. who gives a turd? :lol: Oh you could try either Lazer treatments or waxing, or put lino down.
Umm... you looking for a volunteer? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.