Moo cows

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
Noggins

Re: Moo cows

Post by Noggins »

Speaking of cows
Did you hear of the 2 cows grazing on the lush green grass on a neighbours paddock
The first cow raises its head and lets out a long moooooooo
The second cow says "You know, I was just going to say that "

Sorry :lol: :oops:

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Another happening ? I decided to make a jockey wheel watsamacallit thingy dodad.

And when finished the girls wanted to give it a name ???? :idea: :idea:

So to be fair I asked them to write down some names to call it in a sorta competition . :D
The redhead wrote down 9 little miss busy body (Mils) done 6...to be fair I asked the redhead to take out 3 of her suggestions .
Which was dutifully done . And then we put them in a hat for the ....drum roll...drawing :geek: .

Luckily the redhead won....if you had seen miss Mil's you would know :roll: ...but whatever came out was the winner .
The winner was jocko...which is now stamped onto the said watsamacallit thingo dodad . :mrgreen:
The bloody things these (children get me to do ) :lol: :lol:
Bernie .
The pic doesn't show much but wasnt me with the hammer and thingys . Sez, jocko olivia 04 01 20 .
DSCF1158.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

OK, sounds good but what is it made of? Hardwood painted black or what? Aluminium?
Looks like it's going to cause a flatspot? used to hate them on the truck! Took about 20kms to stop shaking the guts!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

jon_d

Post by jon_d »

How is the wheel meant to roll?
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Oregon Bruce chizeled to the circumference of the wheel...painted black...guess I was bored...lack of spar time....Haven't moved it Jon so can't answer your question..😁
Bernie .
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

jon_d wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:01 pm How is the wheel meant to roll?
Jon, You need to put your thinking cap on please. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Again nothing to do with cattle...today I wired a inverter to run the fridge . Battery is my old Jeep battery showing 53 % dont have a percent button . : Its was 800ccs when new .
Battery to inverter fridge is 7 metres , battery showing 13.8 volts..
I turned the inverter on to the fridge which has been on 240v for a week now .
I ran it on battery only for about one and a quarter hour . Fridge performed better on the inverter than the 240v ?? :idea:
Anyway the voltmeter showed 12.7 after that time and the soc showed 24 % .
This battery is to only give me 2 hours on our trip to Elliott Heads next week . And return . :idea: It will be recharged at E/Heads.
Any thoughts out there on my experiment ?? Will it make the allotted 2 hours .
Bernie .
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Bernie was the fridge still going when that final figure was given?
If so, you need to disconnect the battery from all use for some time to see what it settles on. (an hour?)
Bernie most engine starting batteries are really not the best for long, slow use.
If you see CCA (cold cranking Amps?) then it's more suited for big draw for really short time & then quickly recharged.
You need more like one that states Ahr capacity. eg 120Ahr.
Having said that I'd reckon the battery will last for your trip & again back but it also might do more damage to the battery?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Yes Bruce fridge was still working , and better than the 240v...don't give a rat's on the battery diying mate...just need It for this trip..
Bernie .
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

If the battery was still holding 12.7v while the inverter was powering the fridge, there was more than 24% SOC left in the battery. 12v under load equals approx. 50% SOC. The reserve capacity is the bit that will tell you how much capacity could be stored in the battery when it was new, the number of minutes it could provide 25 amps until it is fully discharged. Half of that is the new battery capacity available until the magic 50% SOC is reached. Depending how old the battery is, how many times it has gone flat, how many times it has been left not fully charged, which way the wind is blowing and how you are holding your mouth at the time as to how much of that 50% is still available .... but the 12v while under load is a fair indication of the 50% SOC mark anyway :D

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO