Kogan TV

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
Dot

Re: Kogan TV

Post by Dot »

Newcastle George wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:38 am After providing photo of TV they asked for photo of box which was provided yesterday at 2:20pm and as yet have not received a reply.

George
That is exactly what they did with me, wanted a photo of the "fault" I wasn't going to pull the thing apart (air cond) so I just sent a photo. You never get to speak to a human and that is the frustrating part. George one bit of info that you may need is (from consumer) if you paid Kogan the $$$ no matter who the manufacturer is then Kogan are the ones responsible, they tried to fob that story to me. It may of taken me months of pressure but in the end I won. Keep the bastards honest.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Oh George, not another problem? :roll:

I recently purchased an air compressor pressure regulator off ebay; the advert said AU seller and all the typical BS. Anyway, turns out to be faulty and the seller (from China) immediately offers a half refund. $11 instead of $22 - with a plea for positive feedback.

Wasn't copping any of that. I wrote back and simply asked him if his feedback reputation was only worth $11.

He refunded the full amount. I'm very very wary of buying things off ebay these days.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Received the following from Kogan this afternoon

"The unit needs to be packed in its original box or a similar-sized box, surrounded by secure packaging for courier collection. If you are unable to source packaging, please let me know.

This pick-up means you will not have to pay postage or handling fees to return the item to us.

When we receive the item, it will be checked into our system and you will be notified via email.

Also, once we can confirm these details, we will arrange for a replacement unit to be sent out promptly.

Please note that if our technicians are unable to diagnose a fault with the unit, or we find that the fault is due to accidental or user-related damage, there may be costs involved."

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Dot

Post by Dot »

Newcastle George wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:43 pm Received the following from Kogan this afternoon

"The unit needs to be packed in its original box or a similar-sized box, surrounded by secure packaging for courier collection. If you are unable to source packaging, please let me know.

This pick-up means you will not have to pay postage or handling fees to return the item to us.

When we receive the item, it will be checked into our system and you will be notified via email.

Also, once we can confirm these details, we will arrange for a replacement unit to be sent out promptly.

Please note that if our technicians are unable to diagnose a fault with the unit, or we find that the fault is due to accidental or user-related damage, there may be costs involved."

George
And that last paragraph is what gets you.. Their technicians are not Kogans. Stick to your guns George.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Newcastle George

We do have a Paypal fallback.

George
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Dot wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:24 pm
Newcastle George wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:43 pm Received the following from Kogan this afternoon

George
And that last paragraph is what gets you.. Their technicians are not Kogans. Stick to your guns George.
Oh dear Dotters...!!!

That clause it for dickheads that send stuff back cos they didnt know how to turn it on, and thays all it was...

Just like my bench drill I bought from catch the other day

Put it all together, plug it in , press the green go button... dead as a fart... :x

The thing had a misaligned safety switch in the pulley box, so I had a pull and fixed it me self... :P

Some other stupid gumby woulda sent it back...bla bla and prolly got a bill, "was working when we got it" ;)

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Newcastle George wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:32 pm We do have a Paypal fallback.

George
You can't loose then :lol: Just be very careful how you word the problem, like, a solar panel doesn't put out the claimed 100w, the claim will be knocked back, but the solar panel did not match the sizes in the sellers listing did get a full refund.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Newcastle George

TV all repackaged and to be picked up by Allied Express, just waiting for advice as to when.

George
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Sent mine back with ok return email 👍
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Dot

Post by Dot »

Vik351 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:48 pm
Dot wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:24 pm

George
Oh dear Dotters...!!!

That clause it for dickheads that send stuff back cos they didnt know how to turn it on, and thays all it was...

Just like my bench drill I bought from catch the other day

Put it all together, plug it in , press the green go button... dead as a fart... :x

The thing had a misaligned safety switch in the pulley box, so I had a pull and fixed it me self... :P

Some other stupid gumby woulda sent it back...bla bla and prolly got a bill, "was working when we got it" ;)

vik...
So as I am a penal cranium then,The thing did not work when we got it, it was no better than a little fan and the bottles supplied did not fit into the designated place. I was NOT going to pull it apart to see if anything was wrong, nor was I going to even have a sparkie look at it, that would give them a way out.