Another major event tomorrow night

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Another major event tomorrow night

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:31 pm I thought that they were changing cars, similar to what the bikes do now. They did I the last race I watched on Youtube at least. Or is that a different formula of E?
This might have been season 1 or season 2 but now they race on the one charge in the one car so any damage remains throughout the race as does tyre wear
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1 Terry wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:57 am
supersparky wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:31 pm I thought that they were changing cars, similar to what the bikes do now. They did I the last race I watched on Youtube at least. Or is that a different formula of E?
This might have been season 1 or season 2 but now they race on the one charge in the one car so any damage remains throughout the race as does tyre wear
If they could get them to sound like a Cleveland or a small block Chev then I reckon half the world would watch them.
The first night that F1 came to Adelaide way back when, most of the F1 crew guys came up to Speedway park to watch the Sprintcars race on the Friday night, most came back on the Saturday as well.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Once any form of motorsport is that far into the blood, any sort of racing is a must watch if it is available. At Bathurst when I was pit crew for a HQ in the support races, both the drivers and pit crew from the main event cars would cram the pit lane wall to watch, not because they wished they could be racing HQ's or the sound they made, they just wanted to watch racing and the HQ guys were absolutely crazy as far as some of the moves they made. After the race the blokes from the various main event teams would spend hrs in the meal tent talking about some of the things they had seen in that HQ race and others when they were part of the support act at other race tracks.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Yes you need year 2020 or is that 2020 vision 🤔
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Got a killer idea:
Formula E racing, with all cars carrying a CD player & boomer speakers playing a recording of a Ford GT40 at full blat! 😁👍
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Greynomad wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:57 am Got a killer idea:
Formula E racing, with all cars carrying a CD player & boomer speakers playing a recording of a Ford GT40 at full blat! 😁👍
"tanks" here---Ray,
WHAT SORT OF PILLS ARE YOU TAKING ?
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I want some but more of the Chevvy flavour..............
Maybe Ray is on 'the green whistle"??
I love them on Bondi Beach Surf Rescue ............... (who feels like laughing with a dislocated shoulder??)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Waaay past the green whistle!
Got an oxygen feed with Fentanyl, and a button to push for an extra hit...
WHEEEEEEE!
It’s almost as good as hang-gliding...
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields