That post that no one wants to make

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.
dream4red

Re: That post that no one wants to make

Post by dream4red »

Bruce, in this hard time, know that your forum friends are here for you, to listen to you or to help recall the wonderful memories. Those memories are a joy to recall and keep close to your heart .
RIP Wendy xxxxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

WoW!!
What happens when you're not looking!!

OK, From the bottom of my heart I do thank everyone either on the forum or via other ways/media etc for your kind words.
Yes, it will take time, lots of time but believe me when I say that there are many others who are also feeling the pain.

Although Wendy wasn't a frequent poster on this forum, believe me she was an avid reader & it was always her 'first port of call' every morning whilst I readied breakfast. I had a running commentary of who said what & in particular little snippets like "it must be Sunday because Bernie .... :o " or "it must be Wednesday because Supersparkie is humping again :P :lol: ". She never explained what he was 'humping'!! ;) :lol:

Wendy had a Word document setting out her wishes should she pass away.
Amongst other tit-bits she desired a private close family only, graveside funeral and so we shall.
Some of you do know but some may not know that Wendy suffered a similar illness that Tanks also has (amongst others I guess?) & fought it for around 10 years. (COPD) After a bout of several months in hospital she swore she would never go back in hospital again & be away from the houseboat.

Thankyou all & you may not hear much more from me till after Christmas.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Thanks Bruce.
Bernie and Carol.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Thinking of you Bruce, enjoy Christmas I'm sure Wendy will be watching over you & the family.
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Bruce,
We know things are hard right now.
You probably don’t feel like celebrating either your birthday or Christmas.
Just know that we and all your friends on this forum hold you in our thoughts and prayers.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Attended Wendy's farewell with Bruce and the immediate family, two close friends from the marina, Margaret and Brian and 4 dogs. A well presented affair, just the two funeral directors and we were asked to share moments that we fondly remembered about the time we shared with Wendy.
I think Wendy would have approved of her farewell, we will remember you for the rest of our lives Wendy, so in that sense, you will never leave us ..... but I'll still only be game to cook on the BBQ while on the houseboat 8-)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

I will remember "the pink fishing rod" that got a thrashing. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Glad you were able to share in Wendy’s send off. May she Rest In Peace.
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Good post T1, I'm pretty sure that everyone on this forum will think of Wendy G every time we post here.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Today is 12 mths since Wendy passed to the other side, still in our memories Wendy, still not game to cook in your kitchen ;)
Our thoughts are with you Bruce, I know you don't want any phone calls or emails etc, but just letting you know that our best wishes are headed your way

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO