NZ Travel

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Riverlander

NZ Travel

Post by Riverlander »

Hi Dot. Just seen on the news all people entering NZ must self isolate for 14 days. Would be nice if you had a holiday booked for two weeks. You just got your trip in in the nick of time. Cheers John
Dot

Re: NZ Travel

Post by Dot »

Hi John, Sure cut it fine didn't we? Glad to be home though, NZ is not the place I left at all and it is sad because it has lost the "laid back happy friendly place" It now has the name of "CONE COUNTRY" roadworks from AH to breakfast everywhere. How is the house and grounds now?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Macca

Post by Macca »

Our neighbours are due to fly home Wednesday.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
Dot

Post by Dot »

P3060035.JPG

Some of Conecountry (aka Nth isl NZ)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Busman

Post by Busman »

I was thinking different sort of cones till I saw your pics...........
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

We are house-sitting, home owners went to NZ for 6 weeks, due back 18th April, but now returning tomorrow. We were lucky to get 4 days notice to quit. Many others in a similar situation have been getting less notice. Have to leave before they arrive back, as they have to do 14 days isolation, same as in NZ. Gov't advised them to return as flights have been cut by 90% & no guarantee of getting back for a long time, if they didn't get back now.

We have a temporary place to go to in Cairns & a caretaking gig without time limit on a rural farm after that provided we don't get caught up in a lock down in Cairns. All arranged in the past 48 hours. Many house sitters are now without a sit & essentially homeless. Not having 'somewhere to be' in the current circumstances is not a good situation. We considered returning home to Victoria, it would have been our last resort, but at least we had that possibility. Being 'on the road' in these times may sound good to some, but the picture emerging for folk in that situation is not a desirable one.

Any hope of our Cape York exploration has well & truly evaporated.

We will be about 40kms west of Mareeba, off the Chillagoe Road, a low population rural area, which we think will be as safe a spot as any for us, & 'bunkering down there a socially responsible act on our part.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

That's a bloody nuisance Cuppa. Maybe next year. We are in a similar situation in Mulwala NSW. We are yard visiting Terrie's Mum and Dad and are currently in limbo, now with the constantly evolving travel constraints. I just hope that all our forum family get through this challenge safely.
Who knows what tomorrow might bring.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

supersparky wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:26 pm I just hope that all our forum family get through this challenge safely.
Who knows what tomorrow might bring.
Yep, me too. The thought occurs to me that folk like all of us, used to having a 'forum family' have a familiar resource in unfamiliar times. That's got to be a good thing.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

We were looking at a trip to Meandarra if Covid-19 is found anywhere near us.
Closest so far is Ballarat: 280km as the crow flies, 380 road kms. A toss-up with Melbourne really.
ScoMo’s pronouncements on curtailing unnecessary travel has us in a bind.
I suppose we could argue that self-isolation there is our civic duty... :?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Ray, if you manage to be able to sneak off and get into Qld, could you let me know if that creek across the road from the Meandarra pub has any water in it. Last time we were there a fella told me that it was a good spot for yellow belly after it had rained.
I think that you might have a bit of trouble getting over that big bridge between your place and Corowa soon.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.