Money and Self-isolation

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Money and Self-isolation

Post by T1 Terry »

grizzzman wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:09 pm Is "bog" paper toilet paper? Sure is a weird thing to hoard (happened here bigtime)
A lot of the population here must be full of shitte too, so they need to be fully stocked to do the paperwork afterwards :lol:
Thankfully things have settled down over this side of the pond and all borders between states have been lifted in the last few days, so we are free to travel from state to state .... until the next outbreak, then the B/S starts again ..... It certainly has worked over here, we are managing to keep the spread under control and the borders are closed until there are at least 2 weeks with no new infections reported in the problem state ..... but it sure makes travelling interesting :lol: It's either a flat out run for home if someone coughs or sneezes or be prepared to be locked out of your home state until all is clear again ... a real nightmare if you need to travel through a locked down state to get back home, the alternate route is very long and through some very desolate country side where water, fuel and food can be hundreds if not thousands of kms apart, breakdown help can be even worse.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
grizzzman

Post by grizzzman »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:06 pm
grizzzman wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:09 pm Is "bog" paper toilet paper? Sure is a weird thing to hoard (happened here bigtime)
A lot of the population here must be full of shitte too, so they need to be fully stocked to do the paperwork afterwards :lol:
Thankfully things have settled down over this side of the pond and all borders between states have been lifted in the last few days, so we are free to travel from state to state .... until the next outbreak, then the B/S starts again ..... It certainly has worked over here, we are managing to keep the spread under control and the borders are closed until there are at least 2 weeks with no new infections reported in the problem state ..... but it sure makes travelling interesting :lol: It's either a flat out run for home if someone coughs or sneezes or be prepared to be locked out of your home state until all is clear again ... a real nightmare if you need to travel through a locked down state to get back home, the alternate route is very long and through some very desolate country side where water, fuel and food can be hundreds if not thousands of kms apart, breakdown help can be even worse.

T1 Terry
Dang Terry, I about sprayed coffee all over my PC with your first sentence! :lol: Thanks for the laugh! Glad to hear you are doing better over there. Have your fire issues settled down?
2019 F150 Ecoboost SuperCrew
2016 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S Trailer
640 Watts solar ElectroDacus SBMS0 3 DSSR20 (TS60 backup)
150 AH Lifepo4 3P4S 208AH CG2 hybrid system
Boondocking is my game
"If you are not learning, you are dying"
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

grizzzman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:51 am

Dang Terry, I about sprayed coffee all over my PC with your first sentence! :lol: Thanks for the laugh! Glad to hear you are doing better over there. Have your fire issues settled down?
The fire season is back into full swing again. There have seen huge bush fires through parts of Western Australia and an arson lite serious one just recently in South Australia. We could see the flames leaping through the smoke it was that intense, the gasses had to get up that high to find enough oxygen to ignite, that gives an idea of the intense heat involved. The smoke was intense even up here and we are about 60km away from where the actual fire was ..... I think Bruce posted a photo on another thread taken from his houseboat. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6971
Fortunately our emergency services, both paid and volunteer fire fighters and aerial water bombers kept it from getting to far out of control and eventually the weather changed and heavy rain got the fire back under control so the fire fighters could actually put it out.
Next mth is our most serious fire mth, known back in the Illawarra area (NSW south coast) as the February Dragons because it often sees the mountains that stand all the way along behind that narrow strip of coast, on fire with the flames leaping high into the sky. Often had blacken leaves as well as ash coating the streets and gardens as well as the house roofs and guttering. The leaves were torn off the trees in the savage up draft but there was no oxygen available for them to actually burn, so they were just thrown high in the air to settle sometimes hundreds of kms from where they started.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
grizzzman

Post by grizzzman »

T1 Terry wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:32 pm
grizzzman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:51 am

The fire season is back into full swing again. There have seen huge bush fires through parts of Western Australia and an arson lite serious one just recently in South Australia. We could see the flames leaping through the smoke it was that intense, the gasses had to get up that high to find enough oxygen to ignite, that gives an idea of the intense heat involved. The smoke was intense even up here and we are about 60km away from where the actual fire was ..... I think Bruce posted a photo on another thread taken from his houseboat. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6971
Fortunately our emergency services, both paid and volunteer fire fighters and aerial water bombers kept it from getting to far out of control and eventually the weather changed and heavy rain got the fire back under control so the fire fighters could actually put it out.
Next mth is our most serious fire mth, known back in the Illawarra area (NSW south coast) as the February Dragons because it often sees the mountains that stand all the way along behind that narrow strip of coast, on fire with the flames leaping high into the sky. Often had blacken leaves as well as ash coating the streets and gardens as well as the house roofs and guttering. The leaves were torn off the trees in the savage up draft but there was no oxygen available for them to actually burn, so they were just thrown high in the air to settle sometimes hundreds of kms from where they started.

T1 Terry
Sorry here about your fires. :( My wife and two daughters got their second Moderna shots yesterday ( health care workers ) There all sick. My wife is running a 101 f fever. One Kid has been in bed since last night. I don't know what to think.......
2019 F150 Ecoboost SuperCrew
2016 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S Trailer
640 Watts solar ElectroDacus SBMS0 3 DSSR20 (TS60 backup)
150 AH Lifepo4 3P4S 208AH CG2 hybrid system
Boondocking is my game
"If you are not learning, you are dying"
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

grizzzman wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:06 am Sorry here about your fires. :( My wife and two daughters got their second Moderna shots yesterday ( health care workers ) There all sick. My wife is running a 101 f fever. One Kid has been in bed since last night. I don't know what to think.......
Have friends in Sweden who work in health care, they've had both their shots and all got pretty sick, but it only lasted a couple of days and don't know what variety of vaccine they got. Hope it's the same with your family, if it lasts more than a day or so I'd be getting them seen to quickly.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Seems to be the way vaccines go, you get jab, crook for a few days and then fine, rather than no jab and crook real bad for weeks or mths till the body either builds up anti bodies to kill the virus off, or the other way around :twisted:
Please keep us posted on how things turn out for the family, do you have to get a vaccine shot as well because you are exposed to any virus they might bring home with them? Not the sort of work you want brought home but the virus doesn't seem to care how it gets around so no one is safe until they can protect themselves from the inside out.

We have just had another state go into lock down, Western Australia, it has been locally acquired virus free for 10mths. Seems a hotel security guard has contracted the new strain that is more contagious than the other strain and from the info we get via the news channels (sus I know) he contracted it by simply being stationed on the same floor of the hotel that an infected recent arrival from England was in quarantine ..... but who knows how close the contact might have been ..... a security guard in another state was sacked for having a "too close" contact with someone in quarantine ......
This security guard also had a job as a ride share driver (Uber type thing) so the spread could go rampant through the community .... so the state premier sprang a sudden lock down for a week to see if it does go wide spread or they have managed to contain it .... the lock down could be extended if things go pear shaped over there.
W.A. was the state that lock all the other states out up until only a few days ago ..... now all the other states as banning anyone trying to enter from W.A. :roll:

T1 Terry
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

All these lock downs could be avoided and life in Aus could go on without trouble, if we had people with brains running the country and states. All they have to do is quarantine people outside population areas in out of the way places far from other people and that would solve the problem instantly. But they are desperate to support their donors and vested interests, so they are willing to jeopardise people health and the economy to support idiocy.

It may cost a lot of money, but this virus won't be the last and as we had isolated quarantine in Aus for generations, why not now. Our leaders have the lowest intelligence in the country and that also goes for all leaders worldwide, but they get elected which shows the mental state of society, stuffed big time.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Who is going to move to a completely isolated area to service the quarantine facilities, give medical care and police the isolation? In this case he security guard had two jobs .... could it have been the one job didn't pay enough?
What if we put all the service staff, the medical staff and the security staff in isolation as well ..... how many volunteers would there be for those jobs?

Maybe those making the hard decisions have to weigh up just how to make the whole quarantine thing work ..... overseas travellers arriving in Australia need to be quarantined .... no arguments there, but where is the infrastructure to land these planes full of overseas travellers, have the planes serviced and refuelled, the flight crew available for the crew required to fly the plane back out if the crew has gone over flying hrs .... and all for every airline that flies in and out with O/S passengers ....... A lit more logistics involved, not just spare of the moment decisions aimed at making someone rich ......

T1 Terry
Busman

Post by Busman »

Agree T1, the locally owned international airport has plenty of land so the brothers that own it said we can build a 5000 ppl village in 6 weeks, all contained by wire, all personnel stay on site never leave, safe as houses.
Yeah right, there ain't enough in the kitty to pay the wages the staff would demand to go into perpetual lockdown.
So basically the idea has been run through and found wanting.
Pretty easy to sit back and take swipes at those doing there damndest in a pandemic no one alive has experienced before. If one can do better perhaps one should get up there and do so !
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

T1 Terry wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:03 pm Who is going to move to a completely isolated area to service the quarantine facilities, give medical care and police the isolation? In this case he security guard had two jobs .... could it have been the one job didn't pay enough?
What if we put all the service staff, the medical staff and the security staff in isolation as well ..... how many volunteers would there be for those jobs?

Maybe those making the hard decisions have to weigh up just how to make the whole quarantine thing work ..... overseas travellers arriving in Australia need to be quarantined .... no arguments there, but where is the infrastructure to land these planes full of overseas travellers, have the planes serviced and refuelled, the flight crew available for the crew required to fly the plane back out if the crew has gone over flying hrs .... and all for every airline that flies in and out with O/S passengers ....... A lit more logistics involved, not just spare of the moment decisions aimed at making someone rich ......

T1 Terry
There was a time not that long ago when everyone who entered the country had to be quarantined away from society, there's no reason why we can't do it again. There are many landing facilities for big planes in the center and nth W areas, there is one place where they store and wreck airliners including jumbo's and it has a huge air strip. Most people are totally unaware of what facilities are actually in the supposed dead center, many are military as we happen to have the most advanced early warning and tracking systems on the planet.

There are a number of unused mining towns and camps throughout Aus. They get serviced for medical reasons and it's not hard to isolate staff from those in quarantine, they are already doing it the NT where they are putting returning Aussies in a disused camp with great facilities. Workers would flock to do the job, it would be a massive driver of the economy because the entire of Aus would be able to continue living, working, travelling and having fun, knowing they are safe where ever they go in the country. As long as they have quarantine in cities, and use private security who are not trained in any way for situations like this, nothing will change. Private security don't give a stuff, just look at what privatisation has done to the prison system, they are just there for the money and it will never change.

Stuff the cost of setting it all up, it will come back in the future and if we made all international flights land in the center of the country, we would drive the economy further as it would become a hub for all flights. It would also reduce international flight costs because the travel times would be shorter from everywhere. Connect to the Ghan and Indian pacific lines and you have an excellent way to service the facilities. Which we will need for many years if not decades to come.

These vaccines won't work for long, just like the supposed flu vaccine which some studies say kills more people than the flu itself. It will be the same with corona, it's already mutated into more deadly versions and seems to be mutating faster and faster. The present approach ensures more deadly strains will get into Aus, it's impossible to get rid of it when you bring those contaminated into the center of large cities and allow untrained fools to look after them.