Money and Self-isolation

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Keith Morris

Money and Self-isolation

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here--
For attention of the over 60's, over 70's, and definitely for the over 80's who are to stay at home and self-isolate:---
Consider this with the present situation of isolation and food drops to the door etc.
With the limit of $100 on Pay Wave, being increased to double that amount i.e: $200, it is possible that the EFT system may shut down in the coming months due to the additional demand and increased transactions.

It may pay to have some $5, $10, & $20, bank notes (under the bed) to pay for minor items that you may have delivered to the door.
If younger friends are doing some shopping for you while they are "out and about doing their shopping" then it would be handy to give them cash to pay for any purchases they make for you.

Don't hand over a 'green one' to pay for a bottle of milk or a $1.35 tomato---have some smaller denomination notes (blue & red) ready. This situation may possibly go on for months before the "old farts are" allowed to go outside again.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
RobertNotBob

Re: Money and Self-isolation

Post by RobertNotBob »

Good idea Keith but first you have to go out and get the money, again exposing yourself to the hoards. Take care Robert
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

If you want.... you can tranfer the money to me and I'll post the cash to you. In small denominations of course. :roll: :roll:
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Trust Australia post Sure Cann’t, but thanks for the offer.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Part of the problem with that plan is a lot of places will no long accept cash because it is a path virus transfer. The banking front line workers already know about just how many diseases can be transferred on bank notes and they have to take extra care all the time to avoid catching anything that is doing the rounds at the time. There is talk that this could spell the end for the cash society, every money movement via the card so completely traceable .... the death of the cash society and black market and a real problem for the drug dealers.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Maybe establishing a line of credit or a cash account with the people you are likely to be dealing with. Ring them and put up $50 or $100 credit into a cash account, via your card or direct bank transfer, that the shop draws down on as each purchase is made, then they advise you when the credit reaches a certain limit and you top the account up again. All done from the safety of your home and no risk of someone spreading the word that you have cash stashed under the bed resulting in an unwanted visit from those who think they have more right to your money than you have.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
Thanks for thinking about this, and how to buy and pay for the milk each week over the next 6 months.
Now that the tomatoes have sprouted I don't have to buy a tomato until after June/July.
Without bacon and sausages the Sunday breakfast is stuffed, and just eggs on toast.

The post was to get us all thinking, and I guess it is working.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Dot

Post by Dot »

What difference is there to cash or touching their cash register buttons? =O how about people started using their dull brains and did as we have been advised to as it will all be different tomorrow. What about the places that do not have the flash card machines?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Dot wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:41 pm What difference is there to cash or touching their cash register buttons? =O how about people started using their dull brains and did as we have been advised to as it will all be different tomorrow. What about the places that do not have the flash card machines?
"tanks" here---Dot,
What about when the Communists crash the internet system, and all of the cyberspace things that we use to pay bills now won't work.
THE TIME IS COMING-----WAIT FOR THE RED MAN to show.

If your flash card thing works, don't use it to buy the milk. Save it for the big things, like 1 kg of beef steak for $100 a kilo like they pay in Japan .

Is this the Forum new "HAPPY HOUR", as we can not gather in a group anymore we can pass the time and tell all of the lies and our old stories on the Happy Hour chat time.
Keith.

Dot

Post by Dot »

Our friend that works at the hosp can get into the shops early for her supplies said she watched a woman load her trolley up with bog paper and the check out person said nothing to her even though the sign said limit of two. She asked the check out person said O to the woman, the answer was "doesn't worry me" Good onyu Drakes . Bring back the stamp book rations then maybe everyone can get things they need.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.