It was on the cards to happen, just didn't expect it 6 mths after

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Dot

Re: It was on the cards to happen, just didn't expect it 6 mths after

Post by Dot »

pet-els wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:03 pm Went to the optomologist this morning. Yes the MG is back with a vengence, booked in for injections from next week then every four weeks till 6th October, then six weeks etc and so on till I don't when.
I'll just take things as they come.

PeterH
bad luck Peter, chins up all will be OK
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Ok keep smiling [emoji3060][emoji3060][emoji3060]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

pet-els wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:03 pm Went to the optomologist this morning. Yes the MG is back with a vengence, booked in for injections from next week then every four weeks till 6th October, then six weeks etc and so on till I don't when.
I'll just take things as they come.

PeterH
Not the best news you've had Peter, but at least they have caught it before it did even more damage so hopefully they will get it back under control. Is the effect for you like your glasses are really dirty, one eye more than the other? Did you notice a deterioration in your vision before this trip? Why are they making you wait a week? These question and more after this message from our sponsor :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Terry,
I had not noticed the change in my eye. I went to the optician for my yearly check up, and he found it and did the referal for me. I then made an appopintment for an examination with my optomologist [same one who started me on the last round of injections] . He then booked me in for my first injection next week, I think he does all injections on the one day. Normaly he has to apply to the Goverment office in Hobart for the permission to get the drug. I happen to have one in my fridge. I think he does one day for testing, one for Injections, one for cateracts [at the private hospital] etcera.
Lucky I have a list of optomologists from Cairns to Melbourne who I have been to before, so it will not stop me from traveling around. I just get the first Dr to write a refferal to the next one. So I will get to Mannum next year again.

PeterH
PeterH
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Some good news and some not so great news, this getting out is not what I'd hoped for, the govt giving me money and not having to work any more .... hmmm......
The latest trip to the eye guru for the needles in the eyes and my vision after the 4 weeks between injections is better than it has been since the visits started, so it seems he has not only stopped the down hill spiral but actually reversed it a bit ... eye sight isn't as good as it was before this stuff started, but it isn't that bad now.

On the other side of the coin, had it confirmed yesterday, the pain in the gut is a hernia and it seems I tore it a bit further the other day working the metal bender folding the big 200Ah cell end plates, now it needs fixing quick smart because my gizzards are sneaking out for a look round :o I don't want to know what's next on the horizon, I gotta last long enough to get my old timers pension :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

At least you will be able to see if your guts do pop out. Good luck with the hernia op xx
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1, what type of hernia is it, groin or ? If it is groin then the fix is ok now. I had one done about 25 years ago. Took 6months to get better. One of my work colleagues had the same thing done as year or so ago. Only 4 weeks and he was back into it. Good luck.
Last edited by supersparky on Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

my gizzards are sneaking out for a look round
It's amazing how the human body works. Gizzards helping the eyes. Pure evolution happening in front of us. :shock:
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:00 pm T1, what type of hernia is it, groin or ? If it is groin then the fix is ok now. I had one done about 25 years ago. Took 6months to get better. One of my work colleagues had the same thing done as year or so ago. Only 4 weeks and he was back into it. Good luck.
Yeah, groin left side, just about opposite side to the appendix scare when they came out when I was 15.
Apparently it's all key hole surgery these days and they reinforce the patch with mesh .... Dottie told me to make sure they use the new stuff .... I'll be making sure of that, no second hand stuff even if SA Health is trying to cut costs :o

T1 Terry
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:07 pm
my gizzards are sneaking out for a look round
It's amazing how the human body works. Gizzards helping the eyes. Pure evolution happening in front of us. :shock:
I'm guessing there wouldn't be a big crowd in front of me to see it happening Jon. The view from my side is sort of an inside look and not a pretty sight so I try to keep it where it belongs :lol:

T1 Terry