State Funeral costs etc

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Dot

State Funeral costs etc

Post by Dot »

Van Gizzy does it again :roll: and wow the bombers broke their voodoo run over Richmond = happy ol me :D
I would like to know how much a state funeral costs because I can't see why a woman that made dresses gets a state funeral???
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Re: State Funeral costs etc

Post by Greynomad »

Maybe she made dresses for the wives of the right people?
... or dresses for the right people! :shock: :o
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Peter

Post by Peter »

TEOT Again. Yes, the top end of town certainly know how to navigate the system. The vast majority have known how to milk the system obtaining all types of rorts for many years.. Just look at the honours given out most of these people have been on very high salaries getting paid very well to to what they are supposed to do at work. I have never seen a humble cleaner or lowly worker receive a gong. Some years back I received a file requesting me to nominate a staff member for an Australia Day Police Medal. I considered it for a couple of days and responded that I would not be nominating anyone as I considered that almost all staff within our section were worthy of recognition
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

I agree with all that has been said about top end of town but this lady did bring in a lot of export dollars for the economy, as well as putting Australian fashion onto the international scene.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

I thought it was a bit rich at first but apart from being such a talented designer & rising to the top, apparently she was a very generous person with her wealth, one of my friends was an apprentice to her & she still kept in contact with her over 50 yrs later.
The government do seem to hand out these state funerals to many more people these days & as has already been posted most of the recipients families one would think wouldn't need any help with funeral costs.👎
Shirley & Bruce.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Just cremate her and have a memorial service for those willing to attend, that's what my religious family does and what I expect unless I can get a University to take the remains.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

George, I heard once that the family get the body parts left returned to dispose of when donated to such causes. :shock:

Funeral costs have risen ridiculously, folk can't afford to die these days, even just a cremation is over $2,000, a neighbour
wife had her husband cremated & then sent out invitations to a memorial at a local resort, cost was heaps less.
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

If you donate your body to "science" you can choose to which department you want to be used. 1/ for the up & coming surgeons to dissect you or specific parts. If you choose the surgical option you are shoved in and out of the freezer and usually kept for about 12 mths. The bit option your bits eg arm, head etc are kept in jars in formaldehyde till they are all knackered out (around 6 mths) then disposed of :D . I think they should put the finished with bits through a tree chipper freeze dry it and sell as fertilizer :lol: On another dead subject George went into the local council and asked about us doing the edging of his aunt's grave, Oh horror NO NO NO you cant do that, you have to get one of the memorial people to do that because of insurance ??? rang 2 companies and their prices were between 4 & 6 k. Q/ what is the difference between putting some gravel down and walking among the derelict sunken graves and you tripped over? their insurance would cover you??? So if we got a public liability insurance to do the job we have to have a $10 MILLION cover. This is where the condition of dementia comes useful, just do it as we will be. World has gone bloody crazy. P.S. As long as you have the correct paperwork you can do everything yourself when it comes to getting rid of the body, put them in a cardboard box (what the fridge came in) put them in your car if SW or even on a trailer, take to the crematorium and bingo job done. No need to spend big. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

One wonders if someone died say at home & you had all the paper work necessary if you could roll up to the crematorium with the deceased in a box, :lol: :lol: :lol: & how much it would then cost to have the corps cremated.
Last edited by Shirley on Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Shall have to find that one out Shirley, Friends of ours have an animal cremation business hmmmmmm food for thought :lol: :lol: