State Funeral costs etc

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Dot

Re: State Funeral costs etc

Post by Dot »

The "do it yourself" cremation is called "Direct Cremations" prices vary and they will do everything from getting paperwork, picking up the body take and do the job. As much or as little as you want them to do. (You are not required to have a coffin either)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: State Funeral costs etc

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:35 pm The "do it yourself" cremation is called "Direct Cremations" prices vary and they will do everything from getting paperwork, picking up the body take and do the job. As much or as little as you want them to do. (You are not required to have a coffin either)
I like that one where they put the body in a boat and set it on fire, at least I'd get a fighting chance to swim back to shore if they tried the whole thing a bit too early :lol:
Margaret's ex donated his body for what ever purposes were seen to be suitable and who ever took it had the responsibility of taking care of what was left at their cost. He wasn't religious so no money spent there, a private farewell party from what I remember .....
The crab bait idea also has merit, dragged up just before the party starts to collect the catch, thrown back in and a bit of a ceremony towards the middle of the party when dragged back up for the next harvest collection and a well toasted farewell for those still there for the end of the proceedings catch harvest if the bait was looking like it would last another tide change or just set free so it could feed the fishes .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO