My IVECO

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
pet-els

My IVECO

Post by pet-els »

Good morning all,
I spent last weekend at Young NSW, for the Cherry Festival. I left on Monday morning and was going to stay at Boorowa for a few days before heading to Moss Vale for Christmas.
On arrival at Boorowa I had smoko at the info centre and because of the heat decided to head straight for Moss Vale. I drove along the Lachlan Valley Way, nearly to the end [Bowning] when the motor started to make funny [loud banging and knocking] noises. Unable to stop on the road I had to go about one Km before turning onto the Hume Hwy and parked on the side of the road.I looked under the bonnet could see nothing wrong but then noticed OIL running out on the ground. I rang NRMA for a tow truck.
The first truck arrived but too small, next tow vehicle was big enough and loaded my truck and 5'er on the back. By now it was too late to get to the repairers at Queanbeyan [Express Truck Service, the Iveco agent] So I was taken to EPIC in Canberra and left there. It was too late to see the caretaker so just hooked up to power & water, Rang them in the morning and was told I would have to be out by Saturday [everybody] as the place had been rented to something.
So I rang the tow mob and said I needed the big tow truck again. A tow truck arrived [too small] he had not been allocated the job but was in the area so came to check it out. Then the big rig arrived and it got loaded. The only place that could fit me in was Yass showground, where Jo & Derrik and Graham & Jennine were. Would of liked to be there yesterday. There was some delay when getting the big tow truck as they didn't know who was paying. NRMA had paid the first day $1705, I contacted NRMA Premium and they told that they only pay up to $3000. I rang the tow mob and they said they would do it for that. So the truck was eventually taken to repair mob. I rang them after lunch and was told there was a hole in the gear box, and they would know more when they get it out. I rang Yesterday and was told all the bolts on the Tourque converter had been sheared off. Will know more later.
Now my truck has done 63km and is three years and FIVE weeks old. [Five weeks out of warranty] But I am claiming warranty even if I have to go to the Ombudsman etc. That's it at the moment.

Cheers
PeterH
PeterH
Dot

Re: My IVECO

Post by Dot »

Keep at em Peter, If I can get a win over Kogan then you can with Iveco. Hi to Jo & Derek
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Not good news Peter, any warning before all let go? No idea how you continued driving it if the bolts had sheared off from the torque converter. Tore the centre out of the torque converter drive plate once, didn't even have enough drive to get it off the road and had to push it as far off the road as we could and wait for a tow truck. Do they think it'll be back on the road for Christmas?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

I don't know how it was caused BUT

IVECO have agreed to cover all repairs

I pick it up Monday pm.

PeterH
PeterH
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

pet-els wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:32 am I don't know how it was caused BUT

I pick it up Monday pm.

PeterH
"tanks" here--- Peter,
Are the 'repairs' covered by warranty, and if so what period of time and what kilometers, and is it available in all States or only the dealer who carried out the work--GET IT IN WRITING !!
Also get it in writing EXACTLY what repairs/replacement work was carried out.
I'm sure you know the drill but just a reminder of what you have to do to have the protection and coverage for another 67,000 km on the road visiting the many places you get to in just 1 year of driving.
Stay safe mate have a merry xmas and keep your 'drive shaft' in order and well covered.
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

I pick it up Monday pm.

PeterH
Bloody hell, thats alright...!!! :D :) ;)

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Vik351 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:51 pm

I pick it up Monday pm.

PeterH

vik...
Who's photo is that in your avatar Vik and do they know you stole it? :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

T1 Terry wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:59 pm
Vik351 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:51 pm

I pick it up Monday pm.

PeterH

vik...

a big yank,I cant fit my Honda pics in the avie tingo, all to big

vik...
https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/957721- ... fuck-up--2
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

And so they bl**dy-well should!
A vehicle's expected lifespan should exceed the warranty period by a factor of about 5.

I now drive a 2001 Honda Civic with 225,000+ km on the clock. Still runs like a dream.

(Gift from cousin. He was insulted by the $200 trade-in he was offered on a new Honda Jazz. :evil:
Refused to hand it over, as they said it would go to a parts dealer to be stripped down.
GAVE it to me, instead. :P He still got a $200 discount on the Jazz! :roll:
All it cost me was a Vic roadworthy & rego.)

We still drive the Suzuki Baleno, too.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

[/quote]
[/quote]

Penn and Teller (magicians)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.