Guess who this is parked beside WILBOR

Photos from get togethers, events or just yourselves.
A short description may help explain the photo.
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Guess who this is parked beside WILBOR

Post by BruceS »

Bernie where are you placing the 3G/4G modem?
Do you have it on a USB cable?
Suggest you buy a 6m long USB cable & duct tape the modem to the top of your air conditioner.
(for a test initially)
Hangon....... is your modem one of those "elite" ones that work via WiFi?
Doesn't need to be connected to your laptop.
Put a rope around it & pull it up a tree? :) :lol: :lol: :lol:
BruceS
Mannum, SA

BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Not just me Bruce people next to me have Telstra phone and the other side none, they have to go up the road a bit to get service.
I have my Wi-Fi thingy on about 3 feet of cable, more would be good I have a small one I could use as well but its only about a foot long.
No where to buy one out here mate. I have a antenna for my phone I may be able to get a patch that will fit this Wi-Fi ?
All's working well with the bus electrics have no shore power since we left home on the 11 of May over cast to-day and yesterday as well.
If you here from Pokey let him know we are at Thereasa Dam with know phone service (optus) but will keep a look out for him via this forum when we can.
I rang him yesterday but only got his answering service.
Bernie.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Bernie that "WiFi thingy" only needs to be connected to your computer to charge the internal battery so if you disconnect it from your computer it still should work until the battery goes flat.
Sounds like you're in a bad reception area anyway. (Telstra & Optus)
Will keep eyes open for Pokey.
Good to hear you're operating without problems!! It's strange but you tend to feel like you're cheating when you get 'free' power. Now to do it to the house!!!
T1.... plans please!!! I'd love to tell the leeches to take away their money making meter!!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Doesn't always work like that Bruce I have two putters with me and one needs the thingy connected and one don't.
I'm on the new one now and what you said was correct, but last nite it wouldn't find the connection so I went onto the old one and it worked with the thingy connected.
Dark and overcast here but warm.
Bernie.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Good to hear you're operating without problems!! It's strange but you tend to feel like you're cheating when you get 'free' power. Now to do it to the house!!!
T1.... plans please!!! I'd love to tell the leeches to take away their money making meter!!!
Hmmmm...... How many kWh do you use a day? What are you biggest power using appliances? Do you have a large roof area facing nth free from shade? Have you got a big wallet? :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

haha... will start a new thread once wallet swells ... in due course!
Think I might need to move to a sunnier place first though!!!
Mildura? Broken Hill?
Mt Isa?

So who IS parked beside Wilbor tonight? The mind boggles!!! ;) ;)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Wilbor

Post by Wilbor »

BruceS wrote:haha... will start a new thread once wallet swells ... in due course!
Think I might need to move to a sunnier place first though!!!
Mildura? Broken Hill?
Mt Isa?

So who IS parked beside Wilbor tonight? The mind boggles!!! ;) ;)
Sadly no-one, Wilbor is parked all by his lonesome in his shed at home for a while.
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Might not be for long as I've heard there's an army of grumpy bums heading your way!!!
Had the grass grown much while your were away?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Wilbor

Post by Wilbor »

No the grass was quite manageable, there was 180mm in the rain gauge for 4 weeks. Big day yesterday and a couple of hours today on the Ferris and all back in order. Thankfully it will stop growing soon for a few months :)
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too
shonky

Post by shonky »

Hi, all.

Must confess - t'was our bus next to WILBOR. We've been doing a little drive around after the C... rally before house-sitting in Currimundi for the next three months.
For those who have strong opinions about rallies, we decided that the pre- and post-rally get togethers, for example those at Tiaro and Maryborough Airport, made the rally worthwhile. Maybe one should have the soup and dessert courses and bypass the main meal.

Ex adminperson - yes we have tanked up twice in same month, but we did make a 4.5kg gas bottle last six weeks.

Cold ?? 2 degrees at Apple Tree Creek at 3am - shot into the local Sallies on the Monday and bought a couple of genuine Kiwi sleeping bags at $6 each, and a beanie for $2.
Sheer heaven that night, or it would have been if I'd found some Ug boots. Should have stolen one of WILBOR's seven or eight pair.
See you on the back roads,
shonky et al.