Happy Birthday Terry!!

BruceS
Site Admin

Happy Birthday Terry!!

Post by BruceS »

Hope you have a good day for your birthday Terry. ;)
Old Age Pension for u now??!! Yep, you can join all the rest of us old buggers now!! ;) :lol: 8-) :evil: :!:
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Shirley

Re: Happy Birthday Terry!!

Post by Shirley »

Very Best Wishes for an enjoyable happy birthday Terry, so when is retirement taking place? :lol: 🎂🎂
Shirley & Bruce.
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Has he got gray hair or over the hill sysdrome [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Coolabah1au wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:36 am Has he got gray hair or over the hill sysdrome [emoji848]

I certainly have over the hill syndrome .... if that means I can't see anything much once I get over the hill ....... Had grey hair since I was in my early 30's, it's now snow white with spots of grey showing through :roll:

Retirement .... is that when you no longer "have to go to work" on financial grounds? The boss said there was very little chance of me actually stopping working if I wanted to keep my 'Man shed' but she did say the pay increase announced for the minimum wage would flow on to me if I work extra hard, I still believe an increase of 2.5% on nothing isn't an actual improvement financially, but the thought was there and that's what counts eh :lol:

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, hard to believe I actually lived long enough to be eligible to collect a pension .... Centrelink must have run out of reason why I couldn't have one ...... well, I guess I'll have to wait two weeks to find out if they have found a new one?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Happy birthday Terry. :)

I'm 75, no money, no super, but still unable to get a pension or even a health care card. :(

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Newcastle George wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:26 pm Happy birthday Terry. :)

I'm 75, no money, no super, but still unable to get a pension or even a health care card. :(

George
We can't all be blessed with the poverty stick George, some have to suffer the burden of a good family income that means they don't qualify. If you work real hard at it, you might get a $1 pension, that is enough to get you all the other benefits that go with being a pensioner

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Happy birthday T1, now you are as old as me.
Hope you have a great evening and weekend, as I guess the boss kept you working today. :lol:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:36 pm Happy birthday T1, now you are as old as me.
Hope you have a great evening and weekend, as I guess the boss kept you working today. :lol:
Thank you for the birthday wishes David, I keep expecting to be struck by lightening or something because fate missed killing me off before I reached pension age :lol:

Finally finished Barry's bus today, complete with the fridge installed and the fridge vent fans wired up. Been raining on/off for the last few days so working on anything outside is tricky, no sooner uncover the job and it starts raining again :roll:
That "straight forward" job on the Kedron has turned into a nightmare trying to access the wiring because it is all tied up behind the R/H boot panel and clearly was wired up while the outside skin was not on the van. At least a week lost getting all the appliances off the wall, then the carpet, then the sheet of gal and then the plywood board. Each cable is cut just long enough to fit through the wall and then the terminal is fitted, so the cables can't be pulled back out through the hole .....
So, yeah, had to work today and every day through till end of July in an attempt to catch up.

Looking forward to the dinner at the club tonight, another "round table" gathering because that worked so well last time.

T1 Terry
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here ---T-1,
I'll get the date right this time; HAPPY BIRTHDAY mate.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.