A very well set out scam, beware

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: A very well set out scam, beware

Post by T1 Terry »

The latest, Notification #381678 "Please find attached and review the subpoena CJ ........ can't remember the numbers. The giveaway was it came from rosabot@optusnet.com.au, govt depts. have their own domain name ending in .gov.au The "subpoena" was contained in a zip file, a wonderful device for hiding all sorts of nasty stuff. The other thing is the zip file contains 0 bytes, so it would appear it is all virus or similar. When Margaret tried to forward it to me the mail server said no, this contains unsafe content.
the take away, never open a zip file sent to you unless you know the person and have contacted them to make sure it was actually them that sent it to you. Zip files are rarely used these days because of the chance of them containing "unsafe material" so very few people will open them even if they are ligit.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Got that one too Terry!
Did you get the Cleanaway account yet?

OVERDUE ACCOUNT

Dear Customer,

The above account remains overdue. This is your third notice notifying you of this overdue account. The amount overdue is $3,965.39. Click on the link to view and/or download your overdue notice.

Your urgent attention to this matter is required. Please arrange immediate payment of the overdue balance of $3,965.39.
If payment is not received, your account may be referred to an external collections agency. We may also elect to terminate any contract that is in place, and if this occurs then you may be become liable for additional contract termination charges. Please note that if Cleanaway is required to take further steps in relation to the amounts owed, then you may also be required to pay additional amounts including legal costs and collection agency costs. Cleanaway may also register a payment default with a credit reporting body.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Well, I know my cleaning account is up to date!
I paid the $1.75 to SWMBO for her cleaning duties...
😜😁🙄
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields