C-C- trying it on again

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: C-C- trying it on again

Post by T1 Terry »

2foot6 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:54 am Power hungry people at their best,one of the main reasons I never renewed my membership.Perhaps they would be politicians in the future. :evil: It's a major problem with many clubs of any kind...Power..................I'm not a member of any clubs these days because of the politics,but I still might be a member of the Mickey Mouse Club :lol:
Not aspiring politicians, they would need to stand up to full scrutiny and answerable to any decisions made. Even proper company board members get dragged over the coals by the shareholders if the do something out of line.
Even after being a member for 15 yrs, I stopped renewing my membership because I felt the whole thing had gone to shitte when it changed from a club to a company and those leading the company had company interests at heart and in the driver's seat, the club membership were just the power base but ignored in general if what the club wanted didn't match what the company wanted. They were progressively changing the rules back then so they were less answerable to the membership, the last straw for me was when the axed the chapter representative meetings with the board because they just were no longer intersted in what the active membership wanted ..... it appears to have been a steep and slippy slope since then, glade to be out of it.

Just as a note to anyone posting anything about any company or person, you are on your own if they decide to take a shot at shutting you up. We will not entertain any legal challenge as to the forum being responsible for what members post, if you post it, you wear it .......
In the case of the CMCA, the company has very well financed legal representative that the board members have repeatedly used, at the CMCA's expense, to quieten any talk they didn't like .... so be warned .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Re: C-C- trying it on again

Post by Greynomad »

supersparky wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:21 am
BruceS wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:53 am hehe ... has Ray retired George?? lol
:lol: ;)
Nah, he's just busy building some benches. :lol: :roll:
👍😜
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."