Good morning daily

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Good morning daily

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:22 am More rain coming on Thursday and Friday.

Clean the gutters and plant the seed.
You could cut the job in half and just plant the seeds in the gutters. Works well at our place by the river .... well, until the dry spells hit, the grass withers and died, saves me mowing the gutters though .......
Mannum and the surrounding area gets a coating of top soil each evening in the dry spells and this builds a great garden bed in the gutters for the seeds to settle, sprout then die, a never ending job of gutter cleaning.
Thinking about putting bigger down pipes in the ends of each gutter length in place of the hole and down pipe under the gutters. Then, each time we have decent rain, the gutters will flush into the down pipe and all collect at the water tanks. I can build a floating material and sediment trap with the gap under the separator board to float off that stuff and the flow over the next board to remove the sediment, then on to the tank for the fine mud to settle, that will at least reduce the number of times the tanks need to be mud pumped and provide so more material for the compost tumbler ..... waste not want not :lol: Then we have a good soil base for the new plants to thrive ....... until they die from neglect because they aren't self watering ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Greynomad wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:38 pm
supersparky wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:01 pm Ray, you should know by now. If there is no photo, then it didn't happen.
David,
Especially for you! 😀
1DAFB7BD-F1AA-4B9F-B261-9867E0524434.jpeg
… and back in service:
F75B55E5-AE90-4F30-8A57-952038567096.jpeg
The offset is so we can use the pop-up table on the right. Base was a folding director’s chair from which I removed the back & canvas as it was torn.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1 Terry wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:52 pm
supersparky wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:01 pm Ray, you should know by now. If there is no photo, then it didn't happen.
David,
Especially for you! 😀
1DAFB7BD-F1AA-4B9F-B261-9867E0524434.jpeg
How do you stop the wood stain fading Ray? We spent ages soaking all the timber for the big bus bed in a deep rose colour stain, then soaked it in stained oil and finished off with
China oil (Tung oil) with stain added .... then not sure what the last coat was but it was to stop the oil wiping off on anything that touched it.
Within 6 mths, the colour had faded to almost neutral wood colour ....

T1 Terry
T1,
These are the products I used:
004AC35C-28D2-4117-94FB-37FD632DEC0C.jpeg
The Colourwood Dark Mahogany can says it’s a “one step stain and varnish”, but I’m a ‘belt & braces’ bloke, so I covered the stain with Marine Varnish (2 coats) ‘cos the table will be used outdoors and will have to take a bit of punishment during travel.
Also, it’s an interior stain. The Marine Varnish will help protect the stain from fading.
Although it doesn’t really matter if it fades a bit, so long as it doesn’t look like plain clear-lacquered plywood. 😀
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
bob r

Post by bob r »

Morning all cloudy and warmer this morning
All quite in Tiaro at the moment....is for me anyway. 🤫

Bob
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Morning Bob n everyone else.
Well I had a very productive walk yesterday, saw numerous Wallaby's. Three Broga's two native pheasants about 30+ white cockatoos large flock of black ducks they done a circuit before lining up in the V formation. Two many to count galahs. I mean in the hundreds, plus the normal Magpies willy wagtails and the mungrel crows.
I assembled the new cupboard for Carol, then spent some time getting one of the stirrup's concreted in (this time) in the correct position. :) :) So I have both ends of this side correct the others will fall into line...sez me :lol:
I will remove the faulty tempering valve today from the house hot water system.
that's about it ;)
Keep safe.
Bernie.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Good morning everyone. Did bugger all yesty and had a real good nights sleep. Hopefully might achieve same today. Didn't see much on our walk yesty except some water police on jet skis checking licences and stuff. Lots of pelicans about.
The gkids have a birthday surprise for their mum today, that will take up most of the day.
Hope you are feeling better George. Have you got the bus back yet?
Happy hump day everybody, safe travels.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Good morning All. 5* here and mostly cloudy. I think I am on the mend Dave but with a little blood showing. I will be bringing the bus home this morning but as Julie will be working at the office today I will have to catch a cab to do so.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Woke up to 2.5* this morning, checked our overnight minimum: 1.1 again… so we didn’t get into minus figures as forecast. 😅

I’ve run out of things to do… but I’m sure SWMBO will think of something! :roll:

Maybe I should retreat to the Playpen and pretend I have something to finish. 😁 A bit chilly though… 🥶 maximum temperature should be about 11*.

EDIT: Just checked the BoM site. Says we did reach -1* last night, however, the BoM weather station is a kilometre or two out of town in a depression, where cold air settles on a still night. So they consistently record lower temperatures than the town gets. If the BoM moved its recording station to the Cop Shop the figures would be more accurate, as the cops are up a slight rise but close to the main drag.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

T1 Terry wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:52 pm

How do you stop the wood stain fading Ray? We spent ages soaking all the timber for the big bus bed in a deep rose colour stain, then soaked it in stained oil and finished off with
China oil (Tung oil) with stain added .... then not sure what the last coat was but it was to stop the oil wiping off on anything that touched it.
Within 6 mths, the colour had faded to almost neutral wood colour ....

T1 Terry
T1,
These are the products I used:
004AC35C-28D2-4117-94FB-37FD632DEC0C.jpeg
The Colourwood Dark Mahogany can says it’s a “one step stain and varnish”, but I’m a ‘belt & braces’ bloke, so I covered the stain with Marine Varnish (2 coats) ‘cos the table will be used outdoors and will have to take a bit of punishment during travel.
Also, it’s an interior stain. The Marine Varnish will help protect the stain from fading.
Although it doesn’t really matter if it fades a bit, so long as it doesn’t look like plain clear-lacquered plywood. 😀
Ahhh.... so the stain was actually part of the varnish, not actually applied to the wood itself, then top coated with marine varnish ...... among the other jobs, that will assist with the rectification of that problem. In hind sight, the bed timber did suffer a lot of intense sun for some time, so I guess that didn't help.
Thank you for your guidance Ray, much appreciated

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

The thermometer at home was in the direct path of the air conditioner for around 30 mins before I was game to get out of bed ..... and still only read 10*C. The Hino wasn't keen on starting this morning, took 5 attempts, it would run for a few seconds until the glow plugs cooled and die again ...... a cloud of white smoke once it started and for a good few minutes once it was actually running at a fast idle.
Filled the Hino with fuel, took 90 ltrs out of the possible 100ltrs and cost $212.45 :shock: Maybe adding an LPG tank in the interim before I get the hybrid electric set up installed and running, that's only $109.9 ltrs ..... FFS, it's not like the Russia war with everyone is affecting a gas we harvest from off shore Australia ....

T1 Terry