I used to be a normal person.

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: I used to be a normal person.

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:56 pmT1 You speak crap.
And quite fluently, that is how I can understand it so easily when I see it written or hear it spoken ;) :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Settle children

Settle ....................................... Before this gets Too Personal.!

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1 Terry wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:33 pm
Greynomad wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:36 pm T1,
The ‘man and woman’ thing goes back a little further than the ‘British sense of what is right’.
The Jews had it in the Torah long before the Bible was written.
But the Greeks, Romans and a number of other civilisations didn't follow that belief ..... I doubt it was the Jews that influenced the British, but they were the ones who wrote the bible so are you saying the British aren't or have never been influenced by the Jewish writing in the bible? .....

T1 Terry
Not saying that at all, Terry. Just that it pre-dates the Bible. And remember, Jesus was Jewish, and the majority of those of his followers who wrote the books of the Bible were also brought up in the Jewish faith. They just recognised Jesus as the Messiah, which Orthodox Jews refused to do.
So getting back to my original point, the principle of marriage being between a man and a woman goes back way further than your contention that it is a social construct of the British.
BTW, the current society — based on Christian values — has lasted far longer than those you quoted in support of same-sex marriage. Not sure if it’s causal or correlation.
That’s for others to argue. I just find it interesting.
The Egyptian civilisation lasted quite a while… I wonder what they thought of it.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields