Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Keith Morris

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Keith Morris »

05:00 am, 24c with a light wind from the East and I can't see the sky. I will have to wait for the sun to light up the place.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Still heading Northerly Dot. We aint heading South until after Easter and then it may have to be a bit quicker, so that we can be in Western Sydney a fortnight after Easter. Happy medicals and vets mate. Your diet has expanded, that sounds so much better. xxxx

We had an uneventful trip to Tenterfield and tomorrow we will visit the town and op shops. A slight detour into Guyra to get a pie for tea (was yummo) and a few vanilla slices, to sweeten him up.

It has turned into a very windy, cold showground tonight. I think it would be cold anywhere in the state, but it's really cold enough for the electric blanket to warm my toes.

sleep warm and tight vegemites xxxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

Stupid TV, I had a little snooze before the boys on bikes were to start and the tv is doing nothing but burp and fart along with pixelating blurb so I get to see 0. Cancel that gripe, just turned tv on again and it is working now, Deborah you will be pleased the Jayco boys are doing quite well 47ks to go and one of their riders is in second position BUT long way to go yet. Take care if on the roads everyone. Goodnight tvery -one x :D Goodnight Birthday Boy Norman x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Good to see that you finally got to see some of the boys on bikes, Dot xxxx

Warmed up a little bit today, so we did the sight seeing thing. Lots of museums in Tenterfield. The saddlers only opens daily until noon, so we won't be visiting that one. Did have a look see through the window and think we probably saw as much as there is to see, so saved our money. Everything demands dough these days, even if run by volunteers, I know there are power bills and rates etc, but wouldn't there be tourism grants for that stuff?

Opened up my emails to do the daily check. The one account that optus shared with the world, has 63 garbage emails in the junk file. Most of them had some sort of email address that they came from, so they get sent to the block this sender file. If there is no visible attached email. I send it to the report this sender file. I would dearly love to find where that email address is being published and totally put that site into chaos.

Heading for Queensland tomorrow. We will be staying in Stanthorpe for a few nights. Love the cheese, wine and chocolate places in the town. We should be really well catered for.

night all xxx
Deborah

Dot

Post by Dot »

Last night I was locked out of here, tried 6 times but no go ??? Nothing much for today Brian had his vet visit for his ear check up and his worming pill. The nurse was great, I asked her to ask the vet about a new script for Brian but I don't think they should charge $30 for that plus $30 for his ear swab, she winked and said sure will and it will be 0 as you are having a consult ;) ;) The whole consult and Treatment cost $10 for the worming pill... More repotting of some plants was todays job. Hoyas are looking great. Off to town tomorrow for physio, then the hairdressers and to lodge the court papers for the roof man. Oh yeah, I got a pack of steak out yesterday (Rib eye fillet) because they are so tender we were looking forward to it. Ha ha yep they never got eaten by either of us as they were so tough not even the cat was interested so today I sent off an email to Aldi complaining. They replied within 3 hrs and I filled out their form and T took pics of the offenders for a full refund. So I cut the meat up and put them in the slow cooker but after 4 hrs on low there was no improvement of the toughness . Always take stuff back if no good esp at the price. 2nd time buying meat at Aldi, first was pork and it was beautiful so ??? Local lady was killed today, smashed into a tree. The mini cucumbers I planted not too long ago are producing, they are about 4" long and about the thickness of a man's thumb. Off for a shower now so Goodnight everyone x :D Woofnight Mt Bandit x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Bandit said woof, right back at ya Dot. He never thinks any steak is unedible. :lol: :lol: :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, I agree with you about meat from aldi. Sometimes it's perfect and then the next time it's crap. I will stick to country butchers when I can find em xxxx

We left Tenterfield at 11:05 AM and arrived in Stanthorpe at 10:55 AM
The joys of time travel

It has been an uneventful day. Easy travel and easy set up in the showgrounds. The sign at the front gate says they have no space for travellers, but heck there is tons of space around us with plenty power poles and taps. She was happy to take our booking when I rang yesterday. I suspect this is their way of making sure that people do book in advance.

We had a pub lunch, after setting up the van. It's the first time that the food was so bad, His nibs had a wonderful parmy, but the quiche was another story. The tiny shrivelled up morsel was so burnt that it couldn't even be cut, never mind eaten. Lucky for them, the salad was really lovely. I mentioned to a wait person about the inedible food and her comment was that she would tell the "chef". The crappy cook knew exactly what he had sent out. I truly could not be bothered making a scene, but I did quietly warn some diners who just entered as we were leaving. We won't return there again.
Will be tourists tomorrow, after a long sleep in. We're here till Monday, so no rush.

sweet dreams xxx
Deborah

supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Deborah, there are some good eateries in and around Stanthorpe, I think the pubs are too high volume though.
The RSL usually has a good feed at a reasonable price.
There's a couple of op shops hidden in the back streets too.
Which way are you heading next?
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Too early for ya Dot? xxxxI

Thanks David, we found the rsl today and you are right about the food. I had roast chicken (half a chook) served with 9 diffeent veggies. All for $12.
That was a really lovely feed. I did see a couple more op shops as we drove around. I think he is trying to slow my acquisition rate :lol: :lol:

We managed to get a load of washing done and dried before a loud storm in the afternoon. Didn't get a lot of rain, but it was noisy for a while.
Where we head on Monday hasn't been decided yet. As long as we end up at Dayboro by the following Tuesday, all will be well. It's looking like a fairly big festival for Easter, so I am starting to get keen.

night all xxx
Deborah

Dot

Post by Dot »

Gos you must of tired yourself out with the op shopping :lol: :lol: Early morning start, more papers into court house, WTF MORE to go?? yep too many words we have no idea what they mean so going to ring a lawyer recommended for some idea of what next. Seems like after the next lot of papers goes in the sheriff with Tonto at his side, serves the guy to appear at x on y if he doesn't he is arrested and the sheriff can go in and take property to the value of xyz. What a carry on. Jeeeze Wayne. Anyway then off to physio, picked up a stand I bought, back up the hill to Hairdresser, took receipt to Aldi and got refund on the meat, checked out the NEW supermarket spent a few bucks, home, put things away and bugger me 3 rotten spuds in the bag so yep you guessed it, a phone call to Drakes have things you don't want. My M8 in NZ stopped the sale of the place she wanted, found out the real estate agent had NOT provided important info on the property so thanks to her doing her own investigations she saved herself from a big mess that would of cost her a lot of $$. So many scams around now pays to go through everything yourself. Boys on bikes about to start so Goodnight everyone x :D Riverlander x :D