For the anti EV people

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

For the anti EV people

Post by T1 Terry »

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... wer-outage

The modern EV isn't just a fossil free fuel mode of transport, it can act as a house power supply as well.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Izabarack

Re: For the anti EV people

Post by Izabarack »

Many companies in Japan have for years encouraged employees to charge ther cars at work on company supplied charging starions then use the vehicle's charged battery to power the worker's home overnight.

Friends who live less than 11K away have been without power since Xmas night and probably wont get power back until the 5th. I am currenty accelerating my schedule to install a 5KW solar array and battery in anticipation of an EV appearing in the carport.
supersparky

Re: For the anti EV people

Post by supersparky »

T1 Terry wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:43 pm https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... wer-outage

The modern EV isn't just a fossil free fuel mode of transport, it can act as a house power supply as well.

T1 Terry
That story originally popped up on our community Fbk page after some of the keyboard warriors starting having a smack at how useless an EV is in a major outage. They stopped pretty quick after she had her say.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.