Photo

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
GoinBush

Photo

Post by GoinBush »

The one and only photo I've taken. From the tank on the hill, the roof of the homestead and the Telstra antenna.
IMG_3118.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GoinBush

Re: Photo

Post by GoinBush »

I'll get better and more interesting ones soon. :lol:
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Wow! I love the outback!
It's funny but for many years I always imagined the 'outback' to be nothing but treeless, flat baron plains as far as the eye can see.
It's far from that!
Trees, shrubs & bushes seem to acclimatize to the type of 'soil' and amount of rainfall and still flourish.
Looks like a good freecamp happening there??
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

Now that is what is known as beautiful countryside, we shall be seeing it again soon. :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

It is beautiful here, the best season since 74 and the grass is amazing but also the shrubs and trees. We have Gidgee, Ghost Gums, Coolabahs, Blood Woods, Beefwoods, a nearby beautiful slope of Grevilleas and many many more. I am so blessed to be able to live out here, despite the snakes, threat of bushfire and bore water that turns your hair to straw :lol:

We have an introduced grass, Buffel Grass, it feeds cattle but has forced out the native grasses and that's why you don't get that red sand and spinifex landscape.

Bruce, I would get shot if I had tourists camping here, so I have a conflict of interest. :cry: There are many interesting bush campsites nearby, anyone can PM me. That's if anyone wants to take their rig on the Plenty. I've just been to town and the road nearly shook the sh*t out of my new Vitara, as is usual.

I'll try to get some better and more interesting photos soon. :D
Mrsjustgarbage

Post by Mrsjustgarbage »

I half expect Jedda from we of the never never to make an appearance GoinBush. Now how about a snap of your local billabong?

Lovely photo btw. Pease keep them coming.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

We are in the Eastern Desert Mrsjustgarbage, no billabongs, sorry. Not sorry really, that means no crocodilians either. :lol:
Mrsjustgarbage

Post by Mrsjustgarbage »

Ok understand and thank you the pic.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

PS It is likely we will see Jedda, or the woman who played her in the film. She is from country near here.