Now how the #%^@ do we get it home....

If you are looking for an item please place your request in here!
GoinBush

Now how the #%^@ do we get it home....

Post by GoinBush »

So, after months(years) of umming and ahhing and worrying about stoopid money, he wants the bloody bus. :o

We are in the great state of SA and would prefer to buy from here.

Hino Rainbow with all the usual stuff in it :lol:

Or, Coaster....maybe. Don’t seem roomy enough. Prove us wrong. At this stage we will be living in it 6 months of the year at a time.

Should we wait until the ‘end of the season’ to be looking? There is not much in SA at the minute.

Of course we ‘those type’ that don’t have two bob to rub together so calm down. Around $40k will be good fishing. Less is best.

Anyone know of people on their last jaunt and going to be selling?

Please put us out of our misery and help us get a bus.

Thanks,

Me and ‘im.
Last edited by GoinBush on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
supersparky

Re: He wants a bus...NOW!!

Post by supersparky »

When you start looking looking looking, you will work out what you want and also what you don't need. Make a list of the must haves, then the 'that would be goods' and start looking on Gumtree, Ebay, in the For Sale in the CMCA Wanderer magazine. You new house is out there somewhere waiting for you to find it. I hope you find what you are looking for!
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

G’day Davey Wavey!

Don’t worry, we are looking, looking, looking, all the time looking. :?

And lists, we’ve made a few :lol:

I’m going to keep this ad bumped up and something will come to us.
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

Either spend as much as you can and head off with what you get
or
buy something just out of service and do the whole thing from scratch.

Dont do a halfy-halfy, you will end up doing the same amount of work :oops:
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Are you looking for one that can be lived in now, still registered on the road but needs finishing off? I'd love to sell you the Hino so I don't have to rebuild another motorhome, but Margaret saw another Hino the same model all set out just how she wants it .... so now I won't have a chance of getting out of it.
We also have the Mazda, needs the inside ceiling finishing installing and the 240vac wiring finished connecting, it's all in there just never got finished. The outside needs a good clean up and a coat of paint .... and a new rear bumper cause the one on it has suffered a few trailer jack knifes when reversing :oops: We had planned on finishing it off ready to drive to Stone The Crows next Easter, but if someone else wants to finish it off then .....
I think Geoff (Boblebago) was talking about selling their big bus at one stage and I think that is still located in SA. That would be plenty big enough to live full time in but you might need to add a bit to the $40,000 to buy it if he is still selling it.
There was also a Coaster sized van very well converted that Eric Ford was putting up for sale, but I can't remember the asking price. He was going to drop me an email a while back with all the gear he was selling, but it hasn't appeared yet, I'll get back onto him if you are interested.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Thanks blokes, all food for thought.

Jock has no interest in fitting out or doing up...maybe minor things, he’s old and tired :lol:

He also can’t drive anything over 8 ton now as he handed in his road train licence. He has LR now, I have HR.

We have to go to Adelaide this weekend so will go to the RV sales place and have a look in both Hino and Nissan to see just how big (or small) they are.
They are 10 grand too dear so we won’t be buying.

We are not looking to live in fulltime, we are keeping our house and will just go away (working to pay for it :? ) April to September and be home to tend the fifty fruit trees :shock: and rest of the place the rest of the year.

That’s about it. Please point us to anything, with thanks.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Oh Terry my dear friend, I am saddened that you didn't offer up your pride and joyless the ever irreplaceable "Rustic Inn." :lol: At least you could of offered Janelle to have a sleep over in her before she decided yay or nay. :lol: :twisted:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Intrigued :shock:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/highgat ... 1195505192

This has just come on tonight but seems dear compared to others similar. Not wanting to bag out the person or anything, but it’s about 10 grand dearer. What say you all? Is it a super dooper special model with twin over-head foxtails and chromed grease nipples or something?
Dot

Post by Dot »

GoinBush wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:22 pm Intrigued :shock:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/highgat ... 1195505192

This has just come on tonight but seems dear compared to others similar. Not wanting to bag out the person or anything, but it’s about 10 grand dearer. What say you all? Is it a super dooper special model with twin over-head foxtails and chromed grease nipples or something?
Not many details there at all. Ask them for details such as how much solar, what size are the water tanks (drinking and grey) etc.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

You can have mine for the same money including the "A: frame and Suzuki Grand Vitara
Bernie .